• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Design]-Master component changes do not update on children if master has instances of components.

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Fix this.

Adobe XD it`s a good software, but it is far from ideal for those who want to work seriously with design systems. In this way, applying the concepts of "Atomic Design" becomes an impossible task in practical terms.

I look forward to this correction.

This issue has already been reported but there was no response:
https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs-read-only/suggestions/37647550-master-comp...

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , How to , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rayjbraz,

Thank you for reaching out. We would like to confirm, how you are editing this component? Could you please try right clicking on it and choose "Edit in Master component" then any changes made to the master component will apply to all instances that have not had the same property overridden.? Let us know if you get a different results.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot access the original user voice entry but I think I know what Rayjbraz is talking about. It's easiest for me to explain with an example...

Let's say I create a create a master component for a button with an icon. In this master component I nest an INSTANCE of an icon component (not the master icon component). Then I create several instances of the master button component throughout my project and do not override any of them so that they exact copies of the master component. If I go back to the master button component (Edit in Master Component) and change an attribute of the nested icon instance component (for example, change the color of the icon from blue to white) those changes are not propogated throughout the instances of the button component. Instead, the master button component will now have a white icon and all of its children will still have a blue icon. This goes against the logic of components and comes up very often when using XD.

Rayjbraz, my current workaround is to cut the instance out of the master component and paste it back in which essentially resets it, but this doesn't work in all circumstances and can lead to additional issues.

Harshika, I am sure this is not the first time the Adobe support team has heard this complaint. Is the team working on a fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@HARSHIKA_VERMA Any update on this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Braden, unfortunately, this still isn't fixed in the current version of Xd.

I'm pretty sure the dev team is aware of the issue and are working on it, so lets hope we'll get a fix for this sooner rather than later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems this is fixed in XD 34

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm dealing with the same issue, editing the master component on my Assets UI file, then I go back to the MVP file but after a few minutes appears the blue icon to update the component, please adobe fix these guys! We are paying for a service!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines