[Design] Multiple feedback for Component states and UI

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing one simple usiblity issue in XD app,

Component (Master) tab on the screen right top:-

Pronlem statement:-

1. View area is small, if i am creating 15-20 layers of buttons, or 25-30 nav buttons with different icons & Title, I need to scroll down each time to deep.

2. I cant sort the layers whick i created, Which makes me more complex, Example I am creating this list of nav panle buttons, (Home, Dashboard, Org, user, Chat) Now i like to add ADMIN next (Home, Dashboard, Org, user, Chat, admin) is the result, But i like to see the list how i am ordering my design, This makes in-consistant when i like to do any update in the title or updaing icon.

3. Hover effect is taged to only default design, Instood of that hover should work in all the added new layers, which will make the experince better.

4. Current space provided is useful for only 3-5 layers, I useally create 15-20+ layers for quick work, But i cant able to extand the view area to view all the layer i created, We need to create flexable expand / Collaps option to extand the view. (gmail has this option between navpanel & Hanglout chat)

5. If i clickadd new layer, Create New layer is going the deep down showing the option to rename & its taking little time to make it happen, i can experince perfomance issue, I suggest to keep the new layer in the top, So lets show the new layer on the top, Old at the botton, But kets maintain the default in the top itself.

Thanks

Logan 

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We really appreciate you taking out time and sharing valuable feedback. Let me address these issues one by one and we do need a few more information for a better understanding.

1. For the View area, you can always zoom out and zoom in as per the requirement and target the layer on which you want to navigate. Having said that you may always post your feedback and comments related to the product here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/ 
  2. For working with layers, I found an article, which could be helpful for you. https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/layers.html feel free to share the results with us
  3. You wouldn't be able to use two hover state consecutively, as if the "default state" has hover as a trigger to the "2nd state", then from "2nd state" to third, it should be a different trigger. However, we can apply a hover state alternatively. Please refer to this Test Design: https://xd.adobe.com/view/41232517-81aa-4085-42ef-66e9c0db7952-3712/
  4. For the expand and collapse section in assets panel please share your comments and upvote this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/31604959-collapse-...
 5. For the fifth feedback, I'd request you to post it on the Adobe XD UserVoice page using the link shared above.

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards
Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the responce for my questions.

1. For the first question, I explained worngly, Let me explain little clear.

In Component layer view are hight is fixrd. If i have an option to expant/collaps like Gmail (between inbox nav panel - Hanglut chat). This usecase will be very useful.

Current UI vs Excepting behavour as update

Screenshot 2020-03-08 at 9.44.51 PM.png Screenshot 2020-03-08 at 9.48.51 PM.png

2. I mentioned the layers of Component layer on the screen right, Not the regular layers presented in the left side of the screen.

Refer to the screen shot, Project, Payment, Orginasion, user managmant.

Problem is i cant able to sort the Component layer to my wish. (Ex. Orginasion, User Managment, Project, Payment)

3. Hover, I can understand, I request you to share the XD file you created for demo, I will check how you done it. 

4. I am pointin the Component layer only.

5. I will do it.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines