• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to round cornerson path anchor points in XD?

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I dont get why the option to round cornes is sometimes active and sometimes not?

It's always as if some randomizer decides wether to show it in the UI or not

I literally just made a rectangle, removed border, gave it shadow, wanted to round the cornes but I cant because the option is gone.

Draw a new rectangle and the option stays ...

Could someone explain please or is this a (perhaps known) bug?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it have anything to do with the size of the rectangle you are working with? I notice  that  if I draw a small rectangle the controls to round the corners disappear as there is not real estate for them. In this instance I use the radius  attribute control in the right column.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your answer.

Sadly, no. Im referring to the option in de right-sidebar, I should've been more specific.

Funny thing I was just working with XD again and got the change to take a screenshot of my issue.

Right here I have a rectangle selected but the option is not displayed

Knipsel.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to the Appearance panel option or the dragable points within the rectangle?

If it is to do with the size of the rectangle you can zoom in and the dragable points will be visible again.

I haven't been able to replicate loss of ability to round corners.

Can you supply OS and XD version in case there is a bug and someone can look further into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was referring to the appearance panel.

Using Windows 10, Version 1803, Build 17134.706

XD version 18.2.12.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting that - Can you post another showing the full screen shot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on  Windows 10, Version 1809, Build 17763.475

So there is a newer windows build than what you have.

That may have something to do with it, but to me it seems unlikely.

We are running the same version of XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you double click on a rectangle, it automatically converts to a path, and the corner radius will disappear. If you don't make any changes to the rectangle, it'll go back to a basic rectangle, but if you make any kind of changes, it'll stay a path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No that's the thing, at random the option was not there right after creating the rectangle. I know when you double-click you can move the anchor-points and the option goes away by default. But it's when just selecting the object, without groups, masks or anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a behavior anyone woudl expect. If you group elements and try to double-click to edit a specific element, it's very easy to change it into a pathe this way. It should not be possible by double clicking whatsoever. This "features" is more of a bug from usability standpoint. Please, change this as it makes work really frustrating sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I would suggest submitting your feedback here Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs on our UserVoice Page. This is the best way of communicating with our team.

Please let us know if you've any issues with this. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then, is there a way to revert it back to a rectangle? If you inadvertedly double click on a rectangle, save and close, and then you come back later to the same project, the Undo will not save you, you will have to re-create your component from the scratch, smh 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is SOOOO freaking annoying! Hopefully you can fix it soon. And I love Adobe XD, I teach it in NYC and in Upstate NY and highly recommend it over Sketch APP or other apps. But yes, when it removes the option to round corners I have to ungroup the component and draw another square. Makes no sense. But at the same time adobe is giving us a web design software that is very effective.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. Could you please check out this request here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12962355-round-cor...? If this is a similar request, please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking as correct only to highlight>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are mods changing my title to something I didn't ask at all?

My question was about the option disappearing seemingly at random when editing a simple rectangle ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for calling this out — I almost skipped this thread because it didn't pertain to the issue I was having (same as your original issue, "rounding option disappearing").
Hope this gets resolved soon, it's fairly frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Drew, exactly. Though in the meantime I moved on to another program, having a much better experience now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines