• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Design]-Paste Interaction option is grayed out in XD.

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to copy-paste some interactions and when I right-click where I want to paste the interaction, the option is ghosted. Need a solution for this, please!

Paste Interaction Ghosted.jpg

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Hi Donni,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear that you are unable to paste the interactions in XD.  We don't copy / paste inherited interactions except for when we copy the entire component. The interaction should only be carried over if it was on the main component. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dianad,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your observation with us. I tried copy pasting the interactions  at my end on windows 10 machine and noticed that If I am copying the interaction and pasting it on a same document then paste interaction option is available. However, if i try to copy the interactions and paste into a new document then the option if greyed out. 

I would like to confirm if you are trying to paste the interaction within a document or into a new document. We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika, thanks for your reply. I am also on a Win10 machine and am working in the same XD document and on the same artboard. I'm trying to copy the interactions from one component state and paste them into a second state within the same component. I also tried copying and pasting them one-by-one and it still won't work.

Edit: I just tried pasting an interaction on an element that isn't part of a component and the Paste Interaction is still greyed out. Can't seem to find a single instance where I can paste an interaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm that you are doing the following?

To apply the defined interaction to another object, select the object or the artboard, select copy, click on the destination object or artboard, and in the right-click context menu, select Paste Interaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have tried selecting the object, selecting copy, clicking on the destination object and in the right-click context menu the Paste Interaction option is STILL ghosted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is organized your component? As I note you are talking about pasting on conponents? 

Here is a reference to some point: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/39077305-do-not-co...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a bit Type A, so my components are pretty well organized. I read the reference you provided and I'm just trying to paste interactions within the same component, albeit different states. For example, I'd like to copy some interactions from State A in Interaction 1 and paste the interactions to an object in State B in Interaction 1. And yes, this is all while in Prototype mode.

I feel like doing this really shouldn't be this hard...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide any screenshot or share project file. What is your final task? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ares,

Here are two screenshots which show the issue I'm facing. The first one is of me copying an object in Prototype mode. The second one shows that the Paste Interaction option is ghosted when I try to paste to a different object within the same interaction on the same Artboard. Copied object in Prototype modeCopied object in Prototype modeTrying to paste interaction, but can't :(Trying to paste interaction, but can't 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could someone from Adobe Support please provide some help? I haven't heard from anyone on this issue in 2 weeks. It sounds like I'm not the only one having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get interactions to paste. I posted about this issue a month ago and received a couple of troubleshooting questions from Adobe Support. However, it has now been 2 weeks since I replied to their last question and have yet to receive a reply. Another XD user commented on my post saying she's facing the exact same issue.

Here is a link to the post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/design-paste-interaction-option-is-grayed-out-in-xd/m-p/1098...

The link above contains all the screenshots you'll need to answer any questions about the process that's leading me to this issue, I promise.

Could someone please reply to this soon? My workflow has slowed down severely and it's frustrating when it takes so long to get a reply from Adobe Support.

Thank you.

{Renamed By MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diana,

We're so sorry for the delay in response. I did check the last post initiated by you with all the details and tried replicating the same and as Harshika mentioned in the last post that we can paste the interaction on the same document(screenshot attached) however unable to do so on a different document. So to identify the root cause, we'll appreciate, if you can share a small video of the workflow that you are following to copy the interaction.

Paste Inetraction.png

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

Thank you for your reply. Here is a quick video showing me copying the interaction from an element and being unable to paste the interaction to a different element in the same component on the same artboard:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tiw0gcde93vozol/Cannot%20Paste%20Interaction.mp4?dl=0

Please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong since, as you can see, the 'Paste Interaction' option is greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could someone please reply to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dianad, 

Please accept my sincere apologies the delay in response. I was able to replicate the behaviour which you're experiencing. I'll go ahead and share your feedback with the product team and I'll keep you posted on this. 

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can be of help to you. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

Recently tried using the "Paste interaction" feature in XD, unfortunately it's greyed out in all instances.

See video below:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Donni,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear that you are unable to paste the interactions in XD.  We don't copy / paste inherited interactions except for when we copy the entire component. The interaction should only be carried over if it was on the main component. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines