Highlighted

[Design]-Responsive resize not honored across component states in copies of components in XD.

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into an issue where I create a master component with a simple default and hover state (I'm just changing the background color).  I set up the responsive resize for both the default and hover states such that the background rectangle always fills the entire component area.  If I then copy that component and scale it, it shows up as modified and only the default background scales, the hover background doesn't scale at all, even though they are the same rectangle, just a different color.  If I reset to the master state, it undoes my scaling.  I just want responsive resize settings to be honored across all states of my component, I have them set the same for all states.  I shouldn't have to resize each and every one of my states when I place a component and scale it.  All the states should scale equally according to the responsive resize rules set.  The master component does honor responsive resize across all states when scaled, it's just the copies where this is an issue.  It's only scaling the default state (or whatever state is selected)

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Hello John,

Thankyou for briging up the issue. Well, what happens in state is slightly complex. When you create a master component with few states,only default state of master component has right to change all it's unoverridden state because all other states  act as instance , even copied instance too.

And when you copy master component and paste ,then it is instance where each state of instance is depend on master component's state. Means, if you want to change color of state 1 of all instances,you need to change color of master component's state 1 to reflect in all. If you edit state of instance,it will not gonna reflect in other copied instances.

Hope it would be helpful. Please revert back for any doubts or issues.

Thank you,

Anita Subedi

TOPICS
Design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

[Design]-Responsive resize not honored across component states in copies of components in XD.

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into an issue where I create a master component with a simple default and hover state (I'm just changing the background color).  I set up the responsive resize for both the default and hover states such that the background rectangle always fills the entire component area.  If I then copy that component and scale it, it shows up as modified and only the default background scales, the hover background doesn't scale at all, even though they are the same rectangle, just a different color.  If I reset to the master state, it undoes my scaling.  I just want responsive resize settings to be honored across all states of my component, I have them set the same for all states.  I shouldn't have to resize each and every one of my states when I place a component and scale it.  All the states should scale equally according to the responsive resize rules set.  The master component does honor responsive resize across all states when scaled, it's just the copies where this is an issue.  It's only scaling the default state (or whatever state is selected)

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Hello John,

Thankyou for briging up the issue. Well, what happens in state is slightly complex. When you create a master component with few states,only default state of master component has right to change all it's unoverridden state because all other states  act as instance , even copied instance too.

And when you copy master component and paste ,then it is instance where each state of instance is depend on master component's state. Means, if you want to change color of state 1 of all instances,you need to change color of master component's state 1 to reflect in all. If you edit state of instance,it will not gonna reflect in other copied instances.

Thank you,

Anita Subedi

TOPICS
Design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 22, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John,

Thank you,

Anita Subedi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2020 1
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i am Robert born 8 29 2011

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is extremely unpleasant, since you are seeking to create a button that should be consistent in the entire system, or simply a hover component that is the same across many text elements, so if you resize the copied instances, they states doesnt resize, the text inside remains the previous one, so you are obligated to resize the states inside making this a hell of a job. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am sorry for mentioning this, but  when you justify why something is not working should not resolve one ticket. It still does not work. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Thankyou for reaching out . I can understand the pain of adjusting each states but this is how a child should work. All the copied instances act as child which depends on parent . Untill main component default state isn't scaled, none of the instances will scaled . Till then you need to manually resize each copied state, which is also known as overridden state. Copied default state is also an instance, none of its following state is dependent on it. 

If still you want this feature need an update, please post your thought here Adobe XD: Feature Requests  and get voted .

Regards,

Anita Subedi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0