Highlighted

Design specs not working

Advocate ,
May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I share a file for development to create design specs I only get two random art boards in the design specs file instead of all 38. In addition they look like prototypes with the link arms between them. That's not supposed to be there in design specs. I'm going trough the share for development process while I'm in design mode. I have no art boards selected. I have deleted the specs file from CC many times and repeated the task Share - Share for development. Still the same result. Only two art boards is the design specs file and they are placed next to each other. Another weird thing that I've never seen before is that a small view of a page is shown in a space down to the right - but its not even the same art board that I'm on. Something is obviously totally wrong here.

So dear Adobe, what is wrong this time? Please don't ask me to log out of my CC account cause I've already done that. And yes, both my W10 OS and XD is up to date. No more updates available.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Design specs not working

Advocate ,
May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I share a file for development to create design specs I only get two random art boards in the design specs file instead of all 38. In addition they look like prototypes with the link arms between them. That's not supposed to be there in design specs. I'm going trough the share for development process while I'm in design mode. I have no art boards selected. I have deleted the specs file from CC many times and repeated the task Share - Share for development. Still the same result. Only two art boards is the design specs file and they are placed next to each other. Another weird thing that I've never seen before is that a small view of a page is shown in a space down to the right - but its not even the same art board that I'm on. Something is obviously totally wrong here.

So dear Adobe, what is wrong this time? Please don't ask me to log out of my CC account cause I've already done that. And yes, both my W10 OS and XD is up to date. No more updates available.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Advocate ,
May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm replying to my own post here in case this can be a lesson to others with same dilemma. When I removed all links from the document design specs started working again for all the art boards, I have no idea why it don't work for all art boards when all of the art boards were linked. I think design specs should work although the same art boards also have links attached to them for prototyping. Instead I need to have two copies of the file. One with prototype links and another without that I can share for development. I'm fully aware that Share for review will create prototype docs but I would like to be able to publish the same file for development. It seems like the system does this for some of the art boards but not all. Another weird thing is that share for development included prototype links on the two art boards it managed to produce as spec files. So there, alot of weird stuff going on here cause there shouldn't be any links visible on those files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines