• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Design specs - single artboards

Advisor ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I make a change to my document of 45 art boards the system "renders trough" the whole document with all artboards when I'm updating the design specs. Is there no way of selecting the artboard(s) I have made changes to and update them selectively? That way the process of updating the design specs would be shorter. Right now the process gets longer and longer as the document grows.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Hi Perrybrus,

This is a nice suggestions, feel free to submit your feedback here: -Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs.​ Please share the thread with us here so that we can keep track of it.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Perrybrus,

This is a nice suggestions, feel free to submit your feedback here: -Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs.​ Please share the thread with us here so that we can keep track of it.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atul_Saini,

there are several feature requests. For example

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/37713415-design-sp...

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13615728-choose-wh...

But no one is in the backlog or better. My carbon-footprint also grows if I upload everytime the hole artboards. At the moment I connect two similar artboards to upload a single. But that's confusing for my clients and my prototype work (on a different section of my website-design) is gone and I have to do it again.

At the moment the publishing tool it's just a tool for prototyping, but I want to review the first step, my design, too! For that I need to select specific artboards for my clients. Not my design that I did before (but I want to keep it for later) and not the other artboards with different pages.

So in the publish-dialogue I need to have a selection of:

A) Publish all artboards
B) Publish selected artboards
C) Publish linked-artboards (prototype)

Maybe you can give this feature-request a push? Becaus no one is in the backlog or better … Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing the Uservoice links here and submitting your feedback. I hope you have already upvoted these feature requests. However, I will make sure to share your feedback with the team in order to make improvements in the future.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. If you share please take an additional request: The infinite (or double/triple sized) canvas. The actual canvas size makes a lot of pain. I had to rearrange all the time to get everything into space. So often I lost my logical sort or had to throw away designs that I want to keeo for further designing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Harshika,

it helped! 🙂 Now it's possible to publish just a single artboard. That helps a bit, but the problem, that I have to reconnect my prototype work, to publish just a few specific artboards (to review a specific design problem with the stakeholders and not the whole site), is still there. At the moment I have to duplicate my document and delete all artboards which I don't want to publish. That's a bit complicated especially if the stakeolders give me some small changes. For that I have to do the workaround again and again and again … I think you have good contacts to the "development team". Maybe you can tell them of the problems?!! Maybe there is something like this in progress???!!

Thanks,

Kristina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines