• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Design]-Text formatting is changing after clicking out of frame in XD.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While in a text frame the text shows the correct formatting but when I click out of the frame the formatting changes; when I click back into it the formatting is correct.

This is mainly seen in the leading of the text, and it is not uniform across the whole text field, only between arbitrary lines of text. I have checked for hidden text formatting which may be causing this.

<The Title was removed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adrian, 

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues while formatting text. Would you mind sharing a short video of the workflow so that we can understand better and try replicating at our end? We would also request you to please share the OS & XD version of your machine.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika

Sorry for the delay replying. OS is Windows 10, version 25.2.12; however, I was having the same problem with 25.1.12.

See attached images

Image 1 Leading wrong when text is not selected

Clipboard01.jpg

Image 2 leading correct when text box is sellected

Clipboard02.jpg

In this case, I am using text from Lorem Ipsom plugin, but I get the same problem with written or pasted text.

Regards

Adrian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harshika

I think the problem is that the leading in the settings panel is changing within the right-hand panel when clicking out of the text box to the original leading. I have just noticed it went from 26 to 19.2 points I clicked back into the text box and re-entered 26 points and it has kept the formatting.

Adrian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand what you're saying here. Could you please re-explain it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

XD text can only have one leading (line spacing) setting. So your first picture is correct - the body text line spacing is too tight for the header. (I can't replicate your second picture showing two different line spacings.)

Can you separate your header text and body text? Then you can apply different line spacing values.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines