• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Design- Text of overwritten component instances in repeat grid is reset when scaled in XD.

Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text of overwritten component instances in repeat grid is reset when scaled.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, which version of Adobe XD are you using? Do you also have this problem with other files? Could you post a short video? So we can help you in the best possible way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use XD Version: 25.1.12.7, CC-Sync: 4.3.20.55

Have a look at my video I attached in the main post above. The problem only occurs when I copy & paste a text field, that had its content replaced with a list from an external .txt file, out of a repeat grid and reuse it in a component. And as it turns out, I use this workflow quite often.

PS: It should be possible to add an attachment to an answer too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the exact same problem, and I also encounter it when changing states in a repeat grid. I don't even need to really change anything IN a state, it's enough to toggle between them, for example between a standard and a hover state -> every instance in the repeat grid gets reset, be it an image, a text or a color. This is a little bit frustrating when you have invested quite some time in making adjustments to every instance in your grid.

This seems like an obvious bug of the repeat grid. Is there a fix underway? 🙂

I use the same version (I suppose it's the most recent?) on Win10.

Thanks and best regards,

Jonas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines