• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to drag and drop images into Adobe XD on Windows machine.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Support,

I've been working with our IT department because my Adobe XD software doesn't allow me to drag and drop images into Adobe XD. I have to manually import them and then mask the images with shapes. I have been following your support forums, and we updated the GPU on my laptop and we're still running into issues. I am receiving a canceled symbol when trying to drag the images into XD. I am running Adobe XD on Windows 10. I can provide any specs you need to help troubleshoot.

Thanks,
Rosendo Figueroa

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Hi,

I also had this issue and it's looks like more of W10 related problem. Fortunately this solution helped for me:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

hope it helps.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

I fixed the same issue on my PC. This is the instruction (tested on Win10):

1. Open start menu and type in search field "Control panel". You need classic view.

search-control-panel1.png

2. Switch view to "Small icons" using "View by: Category" selector in the top right corner.

control-panel-windows-10.png

3. Go to "User accounts"

4. In pop-up select "Change user account control settings"

change-user-account-control-settings.png

5. Set value as shown below and click "Ok"

6. Restart Windows and enjoy.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

I

For those who are under some domain rules in corporate environment, I open regedit and here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

change EnableLUA to 1 … after restart I can drag and drop between Windows Universal Apps. But after another restart my domain overwrite this and have to do it again.

So better ask your admins to solve this for you on domain server side – I am not that lucky.

M.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Thank you, For your information I resolved myself by Installing New OS on my pc

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 198 Replies 198
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. In addition to what Italosan asked, you can also refer to this similar discussion: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/design-unable-to-drag-and-drop-images-into-adobe-xd-on-windo...

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem but my computer doesn't show the option ' Make changes to your account'

i think it's because the corporate computer has security setting. 

I can not find any other solution 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! It works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gennady,

Doesn't seem to work with me. Tried it over again several times but I keep having the same issue 😞 Do you have any more suggestions? Would help me out a ton!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vince,

Sorry to hear about the trouble and for the delay in response. Could you please try the suggestion shared here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/can-t-drag-and-drop-any-file-into-adobe-xd/td-p/10714101?pag...

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much !!! before your solution I was planning to convert from xd to figma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adil,

Glad to hear that the solution helped you! Feel free to reach out to us in case if you have any questions or issues in the future, we'll try our best to help you with it.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD is not allowing me to Drag and Drop images from My Folders to the app. 

See the video attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Can you please try the step mentioned in https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/design-unable-to-drag-and-drop-images-into-adobe-xd-on-windo....

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Vertika Gupta

Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I check the link that youn sent and followed all its steps, but, the problem still continue... I don't know what more to do for resolve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this error happen to you only with a specific file or with others?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any filetype don't work. I have installed Adobe Xd in another Windows Account, and the drag and drop work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for trying the steps suggested above. If the drag drop works on another account. It appears that there is some issues with the current account. I would suggest getting in touch with us directly using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that we can help you immediately.

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

this way work for me!

thank you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved for you. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have installed Adobe XD on a virtual computer. The virtual computer has Microsoft Basic Virtual Adapter and no GPO. i have an issue when i try to drag and drop an image into the Adobe XD from any location on the cloud computer. I get a circle with a black line. I have followed tutorials that i found online how to resolve it, like changing the EnableLUA in regedit to 1, the settings when to be notified about changes on your computer, ect explained in the following topic: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/design-unable-to-drag-and-drop-images-into-adobe-xd-on-windo.... Please let me know how i can fix this issue. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are unable to drag drop images into XD. If you tried the steps mentioned in the correct answer to this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/design-unable-to-drag-and-drop-images-into-adobe-xd-on-windo... and if that doesn't help, I would request you to please connect with us directly using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html with our support team so that we can assist you on 1:1 basis.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with xd image drag and drop ... every time I try to drag and drop the image I get the cancel sign but the mask image is working. I don't know where is the problem. it's quite disturbing. and I tried every solution your community provided but it still didn't work and I also reinstall my windows and the problem still remains. Can anyone help me...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sanjana,

Sorry for the frustration. Would you mind trying the steps suggested in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/design-unable-to-drag-and-drop-images-into-adobe-xd-on-windo... and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding to my problem. And I tried everything again, but it still didn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (323).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there was a cancel sign sorry it didn't come with the screenshot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks )))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am also having issues with dragging images. Can only add them via import. Also I cannot resize and replace images with figures or other images. This really slows down my work flow and I'd love to fix it. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not working for me 😞

Is there another solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines