• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Design]-Unable to edit master component in source document in XD.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't get to the master component when selected 'edit master in source document'. It opens up the source XD document and the progress bar for opening up the document shows complete and freezes but after that it doesn't navigate to the master component. I can't close out of that file either. I can just minimize it but can't close.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Hi Lucas,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing the issue. It looks like the issue got fixed in past after XD 29 release and was resurfaced after XD 31 so the team has reopened the bug and is working on it.

We will make sure to share the update with you as soon as we hear anything from the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble editing source document in master component in XD. Would you mind confirming if you've tried restarting the machine and try again? 

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I have to always restart after it happens as the files would never close as mentioned in the described problem. But restarting never helped with it. Restarting just closes the files at lease so I restart.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your concern. I have got an update from the team that this is a known bug and the team is working on it. You may definitely see the improvements in the future release of XD.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Certainly looks like a bug. I hope they fix it soon. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Harshika,

Do we this fix assigned to a release?  This is still a problem in 31.1.12.13. 

-Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this issue been fixed, seems like a problem still in the latest October update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lucas,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing the issue. It looks like the issue got fixed in past after XD 29 release and was resurfaced after XD 31 so the team has reopened the bug and is working on it.

We will make sure to share the update with you as soon as we hear anything from the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, thanks for your quick reply Harshinka

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines