• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Design]-Unable to see scrollbar in XD

Advisor ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter how tall I make my artboard the scrollbar is gone when I preview the document in prototype mode. The whole document resizes to the point where everything is visable inside the viewport. When I drag the artboard document to make it larger the content just scales with it, so it never goes to overflow and there's never a scrollbar. So I'm unable to see the autentic size. Scrolling is on to the only option that is verticly and I have content below the set viewport. This is surerly a bug cause before todays update I got a scrollbar. W10 Pro. XD 28.2.12.3

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Everything is set as normal with content below the set viewport height. I get a scrollbar each time I view my artboard document in prototype mode (hit the play button). I'm not talking about shared mode here, its locally inside XD when viewing my artboard via the the play button top right, either I'm in design mode or prototype mode when I do that the outcome is the same. I get a preview window of the artboard I have selected.

I deleted XD and reinstalled it and its now back to normal, altough n

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PerryBrus,

That's definitely strange. I haven't heard anyone reporting this behavior and I am unable to reproduce the similar at my end. So you are saying that on the latest version of XD you are able to see the scrollbar. However, on the previous version of XD you're not able to see the scrollbar. Please let me know if I misunderstood you.

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you've set the proper Viewport height ?

Besides that, the prototypes never display a scrollbar,

even when you would be having a valid viewport...

On Mac it shows (after moving) in Desktop Preview,

and it's never shown in Browser Previews

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read now more careful, and see that you did state you have set a viewport and have content below it.

Are you sure you've created a Preview, and not a Developer Preview, and watching it in Specs mode ?

Are you willing to share your file with me, to verify it thoroughly ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is set as normal with content below the set viewport height. I get a scrollbar each time I view my artboard document in prototype mode (hit the play button). I'm not talking about shared mode here, its locally inside XD when viewing my artboard via the the play button top right, either I'm in design mode or prototype mode when I do that the outcome is the same. I get a preview window of the artboard I have selected.

I deleted XD and reinstalled it and its now back to normal, altough now I lost all my cherry picked plugins and have to install all that over again. See, this is what annoys me with XD. Everytime there's a problem it occurs after a so called upgrade and everytime the only way out is to delete and reinstall, can't roll back even.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know, XD is never afraid of causing us fresh trouble...

You overcome one problem, but lose something else again.

Too bad you killed that bug, I would have liked to test it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines