• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Design variables not available in code specs

Advisor ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have populated my asset panel with components, colors and text styles thats applied to my design but when I produce code specs for sharing (share for development) none of these appear in the section named Variables. It says "When designers add colors and character styles to the assets panel in XD, they will appear here as design variables for you to use." So why are they not there like they used to be before this new Variables section came?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Perrybrus,

Thank you for reaching out. If I heard you right, it looks like you're looking for the design token. Could you please take a look at this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-design-tokens-in-XD.html and see if that helps?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The section in Code specs is called Variables. As mentioned in my post it says ""When designers add colors and character styles to the assets panel in XD, they will appear here as design variables for you to use." Well, I have done that but as mentioned they are not available in the Variables section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah okay. Could you please make sure that the Export for Web is selected because the link sharing feature is supported only in design spec links that have been exported for web?

Let me know if that works.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, export for web has always been default for this project. There's no content in Variables.

CC code spec.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response. Is it possible for you to share the link and the file with me over a private message so that we can check at our end?

We will try our best to help.

Note: Please share the url of the post over a PM for reference.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. Even with tons of assets and design tokens (double clicking on a style and renaming it) there is nothing in the variables section with export for web enabled. Looks like I'll have to use zeplin for this....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Raymond,

We are sorry for the delay in response. Is it possible for you to share the link and the file with me over a private message?

I will check at my end.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines