Highlighted

Desktop icon error - again

Advocate ,
Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD_icon.PNG

This classic XD desktop error has made a comeback. I experience it from time to time but no one working at Adobe has ever managed to explain why this happens. The program icon appears with no issues in my W10 start menu, but when used on the desktop it looks empty like this. Doesn't matter if it's dragged directly from the program menu or copied to desktop after files searching the shortcut icon. I have experience the same issue with Dreamweaver and Indesign before but just 3-4 times. With XD its more of a rule then an exception. I have no desktop icon issues with any other software manufacturer, it's always the Adobe CC apps.

When clicked it opens XD but not always. Sometimes nothing happens at all. Then its back to the good old routine of deleting the app and installing it again and so on. It's become a normal procedure by now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Desktop icon error - again

Advocate ,
Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD_icon.PNG

This classic XD desktop error has made a comeback. I experience it from time to time but no one working at Adobe has ever managed to explain why this happens. The program icon appears with no issues in my W10 start menu, but when used on the desktop it looks empty like this. Doesn't matter if it's dragged directly from the program menu or copied to desktop after files searching the shortcut icon. I have experience the same issue with Dreamweaver and Indesign before but just 3-4 times. With XD its more of a rule then an exception. I have no desktop icon issues with any other software manufacturer, it's always the Adobe CC apps.

When clicked it opens XD but not always. Sometimes nothing happens at all. Then its back to the good old routine of deleting the app and installing it again and so on. It's become a normal procedure by now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Perrybrus,

Sorry that the Adobe XD icon got corrupt on your machine. Was there any recent update applied to your machine? Have you tried to restart the machine and check if that works?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a new error. As explained in my former post this occurs ever so often. Some times out of nowhere. No, restarting the machine does not fix this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have something like that when I have issues with my video card. May be updating video driver can help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't think so cause it happens on my brand new work station with an up to date driver, my three year work station at the office and my laptop. So three different clients, one of them driving a separate CC installment. So I doubt this is hardware related, at least in my case. This is an old classic that I hoped Adobe had figured out on Windows. It also occurs with other apps but XD is the worst.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines