Exit

Desktop preview is not displaying a full screen

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe XD supp team,

The prototype i use have a width of 1920p and height is above 1080p

Problem is: The link is not displaying the width correctly. Even though i already set it to "Open in Full Screen" in publish public prototype, see screenshot:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

I had the same issue and found out what it was, though there is not a perfect solution for me yet. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The Problem occurs when you have a scrolling Artboard. You have to specify a "Viewport Height", which is (when you first activate Scrolling) usually set at 1080 for a regular 1920x1080 Artboard. When you view this Artboard in the web, Adobe XD sees, that your Artboard does not fit on screen because it is heigher than your browser window. This is true because you hav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Edwinr,

Sorry for the inconvenience that it has caused to you and thanks for sharing the screenshot with us.

As per the description, the prototype has got a white border on sides in fullscreen mode. Could you please share the exact dimensions of the artboard. I would also like to know if you have tried this in any other browser?  I would also like to know if the prototype is zoomed at 100% while you are viewing it.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atul_Saini,

I tested all main browsers: Chrome, IE11, FF. Microsoft Edge. All have the same result

I am using a 1920x1080p display for my artboards because my computer display is in 1920x1080.

Please fix i need to present something today. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for testing and sharing the results Edwinr. Would it be possible for you to share the link of the prototype or sample prototype so that we may test it here at our end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edwinr, could you please try to test this prototype Adobe XD CC  and check if this works for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. And the link you sent above worked for me.

Any prediction to solve this issue? I need to present projects to several clients this week!

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you switch on Resizable feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but the problem persists.

Look my screenshoot

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info. I suggest getting in touch with our tech support team using this link Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

They should be able to do a closer investigation and see what's going on.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lu_cook,

Please make sure that you display setting is set as mentioned below and even your browser is zoomed to 100%.

Try the full-screen mode while viewing the prototype and please update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion this is nine out of ten the reason for the problem. Go back to 100% and the right resolution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi - I am using the latest CC version. My display setting are 100%, 1920x1080. I have the same issue but only on page 2 (a linked page) ! the first page scales correctly but the second does not ??

Click on the link to see the problem

https://xd.adobe.com/view/56ffdfec-8cbc-406a-66b8-2c2f56bf6dad-20ce/?fullscreen&hints=off

Setting the second artboard at 937 px did help but obviously that is not a good solution.

Is there still no resolution?

Thx 

Jamie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem in a specific file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and found out what it was, though there is not a perfect solution for me yet. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The Problem occurs when you have a scrolling Artboard. You have to specify a "Viewport Height", which is (when you first activate Scrolling) usually set at 1080 for a regular 1920x1080 Artboard. When you view this Artboard in the web, Adobe XD sees, that your Artboard does not fit on screen because it is heigher than your browser window. This is true because you have to account for your OSes Taskbar and the browser top (Address Bar, Bookmarks, etc.). Thats why Adobe scales the preview down, thus giving you white bars on the left and right.

A solution to this is to query your Browsers actual viewport height. You could do this via the JavaScript console by typing

"window.innerHeight". Assuming you have Chrome with a Bookmark bar, this will result in a value of "937px". If you set the "Viewport Height" to exactly this value, it will display without bars and will fit the browser viewport perfectly.

Of course display varies for people that do not have an active Bookmark bar or different Browsers, so here is a Feature Request for you Adobe. Let us simply input "0" for Viewport Height, and ignore scaling according to height, if this is set.

Hope this does help someone, to at least preview their prototype fullscreen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines