• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Developer isn't able to click on things in the prototypes, and everything is marked for export - why

Explorer ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I've worked with a developer on 2 projects now where she isn't able to click on elements in the development link I share. All elements have "mark for export" checked.

The developer wonders if it has to do with groups or animation layers; for example, in a grouped section she can download the entire group as a .png, but not click on the components within the group. And sometimes she can't see the text at all.

I wondered if it had to do with which artboards were "on top," so I went through and moved each artboard to the top in the order they are in the file. She says this fixed some things, but not everything (she still has the issue with groups and text).

It seems like if an artboard has a group with animations that include some components starting off of the artboard, those components compete with the elements that are actually on the artboard next to it, if the artboards are too close together. For example, if I have a testimonial slider, and the component includes a state for when it's clicked, which slides another testimonial over from off the side of the artboard. That testimonial that's off to the side isn't visible in the default state, but it might be competing with the elements on the artboard next to it? This is just my theory; no idea if this is what's happening. (Either way, to space out all of the artboards to account for this type of thingwould take up an awful lot of room.)

Anyway, has anyone else experienced this, and more importantly, is there an easy fix for this that we're missing? Thank you!

TOPICS
Import and export , Product performance , Prototyping , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you create the shared link are you changing the View Setting to Development?

The default Design Review does not include the info for developers.

Also, when viewing the web link, the developer must choose the spec view at the top right of the page.

screenshot.png

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan, yes, we are doing both of those things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for checking the settings asked by our expert Dan. Would you mind telling us the version of XD and the OS you are using? Have you tried this on a new file? Does that happen with all the files or with a specific file? Could you please share a screenshot or video for better understanding?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines