Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable click to rename

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In the layers menu when I double click something the default behavior is to rename the item, rather than to open it. Is there a way to change the default behavior of that? I would prefer the item opens when I click on it. I know that I can click on the icon to open the item but the problem is those click targets are tiny. I almost never rename things, so this double click to rename functionality is actually getting in my way.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

There is currently no preference to change that behavior. You can create new feature requests (and upvote existing ones) at https://adobexd.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks like you are trying to open the layer by double-clicking on the layer. There are two sections in the layer highlighted in the screenshot below.

image.png

1. When you double click on Text "Rectangle 6" here, it will prompt you to rename the layer.

2. When you double click on blank space in the layer, it will open the layer directly.

Please try these steps and let us know if that works.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...would be nice to have a shortcut for renaming layer.

Sometime it not easy to click into right place especially for those who are working "under pressure"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm aware of that behavior but I'm asking if there is a way to disable the rename behavior. It's very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you click on the icon in the left-hand side instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can click on the icon. I WOULD PREFER NOT TO. As I mentioned in the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is currently no preference to change that behavior. You can create new feature requests (and upvote existing ones) at https://adobexd.uservoice.com/

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines