Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable finger cursor in Adobe XD

Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Every once in a while, when a new update rolls out, when govering over certain elements I get the finger cursor, like on a website menu. I think it's extremely annoying and disruptive, and I would like to disable it. I don't see why I have to see this annoying cursor when I hover the rectangle tool, or the shadow color, or the flip button. Right now all the elements from the tool bar and from the righ side panel show this annoying finger cursor when I hover them, it's pointless, disruptive and annoying.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cristian,

Thank you for reaching out. I am not quite sure if I got you right, are you trying to disable the finger cursor within Adobe XD while pointing anything or you want to hide the cursor while recording a prototype? Would you mind creating a short video for a better understanding?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Harshika,

How do I attach a video? I made the video, but can't seem to be able to attach it.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion, Cristian. If you're unable to attach it directly. You may uplaod it to a shared location such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox, then share the URL with us. I have seen DSTOIC has attached the video. Could you please confirm if you're talking about the cursor change behavior?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be a bug. The cursor is inconsistently changing, depending on where it enters the right sidebar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the video. This can be reproduced on our end as well, so we' have escalated to the Engineering team and as soon as we have an update will update this discussion.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The hand cursor keeps coming back with every update, I simple can't stand it. It's so annoying, please just take it out altogether, this is an app, not a website, it's extremely disruptive and distracting. PLEASE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please disable the hand cursor, it's driving me crazy. I'm seriously considering Figma, the hand cursor is way too distracting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hand cursor should NEVER apepar inside the app, it's an app, not a website...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jesus Christ, I can't even work, why the heel can't this just go away? It's TOO DISTRACTING, every damn update brings back this stupid bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And there it is again. Figma here I come

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I swear, if this crap continues, I am ending my adobe subscription. This is stupid and distracting, you are developing a UX product that has a huge UX mistake, and you refuse to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cristian.

Considering how much more severe bugs haven't been fixed for years now, I doubt this "cosmetic" issue will get addressed anytime soon. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have even noticed it. I haven't seen anyone else complain about it as well (although there might be some).

This doesn't mean it shouldn't be addressed, as it is clearly an inconsistency, but yeah, I don't expect it to be a priority for the team right now. It even seems that the hand cursor is the intended behavior, as it is active on most clickable items. Other apps also have the hand cursor on certain interface elements (like Photoshop's layer panel).

If it is so detrimental to your workflow, you should indeed switch to a different tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at the likes of this post you should be able to see how many people have had a problem with this. It's insane that a program made for designing and consequently prototyping user interfaces that naturally include tablets and smartphones is inable to simply hide the cursor when recording the usage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure you are referring to the same issue. The issue in the post is that when you hover over different items in the side panel the cursor changes to a pointer randomly and inconsistently over different checkboxes, fields etc. That's while editing in Xd, not while previewing.

When recording what's happening in the preview screen, it depends on the recording method/software you're using to hide the mouse cursor or show a different one. If you preview in a browser you can leverage some of its tools too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines