Highlighted

Do you use XD as the final tool for building sites/apps

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Is the design/UIUX community simply using Adobe XD for creating prototypes and then when it comes to actually building the site you jump over to Photoshop? Or are you treating Adobe XD as the final tool to export developer specs to build the site? I cannot get a consensus on this...I am about to undergo a very large project and I want to decide on XD versus Photoshop and I don't want to have to switch from XD to Photoshop in the end.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Do you use XD as the final tool for building sites/apps

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Is the design/UIUX community simply using Adobe XD for creating prototypes and then when it comes to actually building the site you jump over to Photoshop? Or are you treating Adobe XD as the final tool to export developer specs to build the site? I cannot get a consensus on this...I am about to undergo a very large project and I want to decide on XD versus Photoshop and I don't want to have to switch from XD to Photoshop in the end.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
cmgap LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure there's a simple answer to your question. Seems like there isn't ever one app that does everything a project needs... Depending on your specific project requirements you may end up using Ps, and Ai to create your graphic elements (raster & vector) with CC Libraries and Xd to create a working prototype and conduct user testing. I'm sure others will chime in but IMHO Xd is scalable to handle large projects (shortcomings duly noted).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines