Highlighted

[Documentation]-Discussion on XD Starter changes

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else think this change next April will be the end of XD? I know I won't be using it anymore after the BS changes go through! Might as well cancel my Photoshop subscription too and move to alternate platforms. Yes?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Hi AlWie,

Thank you for reaching out, you may see the changes starting April 2020. Feel free to take a look at this article for more information on this topic (https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/changes-to-xd-starter-plan.html). 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Topics

Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

[Documentation]-Discussion on XD Starter changes

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else think this change next April will be the end of XD? I know I won't be using it anymore after the BS changes go through! Might as well cancel my Photoshop subscription too and move to alternate platforms. Yes?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Hi AlWie,

Thank you for reaching out, you may see the changes starting April 2020. Feel free to take a look at this article for more information on this topic (https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/changes-to-xd-starter-plan.html). 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Topics

Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 16, 2019 2
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if XD Premium will be included in the All Apps suite or if I will have to pay a separate fee to use those features.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD Premium should be included in the All App Suite. The changes only affect those using the XD Starter package (and not until April).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2019 2
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'd like to know if Adobe XD Premium features(coming in april 2020) are included in the Adobe for Team package, and for my fellow Adobe users, in general, in which packages are they included.

Thank you for your attention,

I hope this post will be helpful to others too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got an answer from an Adobe conselor affirming that any user paying for a subscription for a package of Adobe software or a subscription to Adobe XD alone will have access to Adobe XD Premium features (only free users won't have access to these features).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just now received the Changes in Adobe XD email, which are going to come in 2020. And things are really going out of hands now. They are removing Saving To Your Computer from the free plan and moving it to the paid plan starting in April 2020.

And for some no possible reasons, you are just ripping off the most basic thing from the software? 

What you are guys thinking? Are you guys a complete retard or what? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I understand, they want to mitigate the risk of people using the free version and then relying on third party software to assist with workflow and collaboration. Adobe don't want you to get some stuff for free then spend money on other companies for cooler features they don't yet offer... but it is a hunch. The wording in their alert is also confusing to say the least. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2020 0
Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read further:

You can still save your project file to the cloud. Not too bad, is it ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't - unless you are restricted by some security policy in the organisation where you work, which won't have you work in the cloud. If I recall there was some security breach last year where it concerned cloud accounts being exposed.

https://mashable.com/article/adobe-creative-cloud-accounts-exposed/

Those types of things make risk averse organisations very nervous.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2020 0
Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha ! It would indeed be hilarious if a freebie application with cloud access could have such devastating consequences. So maybe this security benefit validates the price tag of the real deal... ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying the 7.5 million exposed in the security breach were all on the free starter plan?

From what I have read, there are no guarentees whether you were paying for the 'real deal' or not.

"The exposed user data for the nearly 7.5 million accounts included email addresses, the Adobe products they subscribed to, account creation date, subscription and payment status, local timezone, member ID, time of last login, and whether they were an Adobe employee.

While no passwords or financial information such as credit card numbers were exposed, the data is sensitive enough to cause real problems for Creative Cloud users."

I gather from the statement released by Adobe that the breach happened on some prototype environment.

I am not sure what that means and would like to know more details.

https://theblog.adobe.com/security-update/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Corporate Commander is back! 😂

In all seriousness, what did you expect? They managed to grow the community and now the tables have turned. XD has been able to gain momentum (you're welcome Adobe) and that's how the corporate world works. It is a shame though, but they do have to pay developers and based on the feedback the software gives them these are the features people are using the most. There's no incentive for people to upgrade if there's no pain point. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe knows a lot of people aren't aware of their crown jewel: Adobe Cloud. This will force people to interact with it, even if it is to download the uploaded files (which I bet you once people get used to this workflow, they'll make it a paid feature).

It's like when you tell your kid, "YOU'RE GROUNDED! You can't go to your friends house for a week!", and the says, "well, I didn't wanna go to his house in the first place, I'd rather stat here and watch TV!"... A smart parent will just go down the list and remove privileges until the kid is pissed off 😁

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2019 0
Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes ! It will invoke mayhem ! The sky will collapse, the Internet will come to a grinding halt, and Adobe will go out of business.

On a more serious note: the Starter Plan is a freebie of which Adobe changed its policy. You're gaining many cloud features, and losing some. If you use XD and like it, why don't you step up, and get a full subscription ? It's a professional tool – not a toy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2019 2
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I understand your sentiment, I suggest going through the FAQ https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/changes-to-xd-starter-plan.html for a complete understanding of what's changed, and the reasons behind the decision. All design and prototyping features continue to be available for free through the starter plan. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see saving locally is no longer considered a "design and prototyping feature."  I believe that makes XD no longer a "usable tool."  This is a bizarre and antagonistic feature choice to pull out from under your users.

"Why is saving local documents a premium feature?

Local documents, when used with 3rd party systems, provide an alternative collaboration workflow. Paid plans fully support this solution as well as collaboration workflows within the Adobe XD platform."

That doesn't answer the question at all.  Why are you removing this basic and essential feature? 

Why should I support the company knowing they'll arbitrarily remove my ability to save my own work?  What happens if I can't connect to the Cloud?  Why should I trust Adobe to maintain the integrity of my files?  If you're trying to block me from exporting XD to invision or marvel with a paywall, why block Saving instead of Exporting?  This is a bad decision and should be seriously reconsidered.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's simple.

They aren't allowing you to share your work unless you pay.

-If I can save locally, I can email the file to my co-worker so they can view it on their computer.
-If I can share links, my co-workers can view the XD on their computer.

-If I can invite co-workers to view my XD, they can view the XD on their computer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2019 1
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving locally as a premium feature is really a cheek - in many areas you can fortunately get around Adobe (sometimes even with better alternatives)
Unfortunately, the UXD course requires us to work with XD, but I will definitely not purchase a subscription to work with local data - that's a joke. I'm happy that I own CS6, it misses some nice features but after 8 years it's still more than usable (what was the annual subscription price of the cloud again?).
What Adobe has been doing since their cloud migration is unbearable, at least for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2020 0