• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Adobe XD ignore Adobe Fonts Folder?

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to use fonts in Adobe XD without having to install them system wide.

I normally do this through Adobe Fonts Folder and it works fine for Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop but this method doesn't seem to work with XD.

I am a font developper and it's a huge hassle for me to install fonts or use font managers because I update new font files all the time. If I install them I have to clean the cache and restart my computer every time. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. If I heard you right you're trying to use activated Adobe Fonts in XD. If so, then you should be able to see all the activated Adobe Fonts in XD app without a problem. Have you tried deactivating the fonts from here: https://fonts.adobe.com/ and reactivating them? Try signing out of XD and Creative Cloud and then sign back in.

Let us know if that helps. Please let me know if I misunderstood your problem.

I will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,
no, I am not using Adobe Fonts. I make my own fonts. I need to test my fonts in Adobe software but I do not want to install the fonts system wide. When testing my fonts in InDesing, Illustrator and Photoshop, I can just place my fonts in the FONTS folder under /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts.

But for some reason this deosn't seem to work for XD. 

So I just want to know if there is a way to use my fonts in XD without installing them

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response. Could you please try the solution suggested in the correct answer to this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/how-do-i-add-fonts-to-adobe-xd/td-p/10532170?page=1 and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are misunderstanding the question. @defaultiiqzetlw6q89 's question is not related to the Adobe Fonts service (formerly Typekit) at all.

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts

If you place fonts into this folder (there's a Windows equivalent, too), they will become instantly available in Adobe applications, which saves you from installing them system-wide, and eliminates issues with font caching. This is handy for type designers or anyone who works with fonts that are frequently updated. It's a very old feature that isn't well-documented anymore on Adobe's website, far as I can tell.

I've been looking for an answer to this as well, and as far as I can tell, Adobe XD does not load fonts from these folders the way that Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines