• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anyone know why missing fonts of Roboto always happened on new XD file but not on an old one?

Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always use Roboto on my company work, since my first XD work started it's about two years, and I use it very smoothly till one day I found it shows a symbol and tells it got a font missing...螢幕快照 2019-09-06 16.40.54.png  螢幕快照 2019-09-06 16.35.48.png

I thought it must be something wrong with the font system but nothing particular on it and so as Illustrator, they all got entire font set as good as usual. 

螢幕快照 2019-09-18 16.59.58.png

螢幕快照 2019-09-18 16.54.06.png

The weird thing is when I opened my old working file which used Rorobo, the fonts are showing perfectly without any warning symbols.

螢幕快照 2019-09-06 16.36.23.png

This problem caused if I have to work and use Roboto on my design, there is no choice, I always need to open an old XD file which has been using the Roboto fonts, and save as a new name then I can start my new work to use Roboto on my design working. Can someone tell me what's happening on it and how should I do for it? Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Hi, what version of Adobe XD are you using? Have you tried installing the font again? Do you use a font manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what version of Adobe XD are you using? Have you tried installing the font again? Do you use a font manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, italosan

I would like to thank you for the reply, I have followed your advice to checked my Adobe XD version (which is 22.5.12.1. )and yes, I have also tried to install the font again but seems the fonts are stick on my font system and can not be removed or uninstalled

螢幕快照 2019-09-19 09.24.20.png

in the other hand, I have tried to overwrite Roboto font on Typekit again as well, but it tells some error message: "A font with the same name is already installed"

螢幕快照 2019-09-19 09.32.51.png

The last step is I have tried to check my font manager and turned it as deactivate, here comes the magic I can finally see all the font family on my new Adobe XD file!!! Oh! I am feeling relieved : ) Thank you again!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi, I'm really glad your problem has been solved. If you need help in the future, contact us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines