Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicated Component States Does not work as Master Component States

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I create a simple button with default and hover state with padding enable just to use this component button as link component in other projects.

Working on the master component When i change the text of button in default state, it automatically change the text in hover state (Everything is OK)

But when i duplicate it, On the duplicated button when i change text in default state, the text in hover state will not change as in the video.

TOPICS
Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Hi, and welcome to the club 🙂 That's my single biggest problem with Xd right now. The component states feature was not well implemented, so we just have to wait until the developers get to fixing it at some point.

Others have also expressed their frustrations in this request, so you're welcome to upvote it as well:

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38973007-allow-component-instance-overrides-to-be-inherited

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Hi,

Any changes made in default state will reflected in other state too, until we overrirde it.

In an instance if you override the default state it will not affect its hover state, because that particular state get override during that time.

As mentioned by Spas, Please upvote in the link, Our product manager will pick this feature as early as possible.

Thanks,

Vertika Gupta

Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

This is expected property of compoment, you are overridding the instance of compoment. To make it work, create a new compoment of instance. For more infomation please visit https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/work-with-components-xd.html.

Thanks, 

Vertika Gupta

Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your quick reply

I know I am overriding the component ,but when i override the master component in default state it affects the hover state too

But in an instance if I override the default state it will not affect its hover state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, and welcome to the club 🙂 That's my single biggest problem with Xd right now. The component states feature was not well implemented, so we just have to wait until the developers get to fixing it at some point.

Others have also expressed their frustrations in this request, so you're welcome to upvote it as well:

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38973007-allow-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Any changes made in default state will reflected in other state too, until we overrirde it.

In an instance if you override the default state it will not affect its hover state, because that particular state get override during that time.

As mentioned by Spas, Please upvote in the link, Our product manager will pick this feature as early as possible.

Thanks,

Vertika Gupta

Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines