• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing a master component removes all overrides in components on artboards

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the last time I had XD open and made edits, I didn't notice this bug. Which means I saved it and now have to REDO a ton of screens. It also meant for a very confused call with our founder, as many screens didn't make sense (understandably so).

When I edit the master component - change colour of the text, move an icon for more padding, it removes the overrides in all the instances of that component in my document. This means I have to go through each screen and re-type the text of every button, list, etc. I expect that as a minimum the text override should stay, or else whats the point of components for anything other than buttons?

I just updated XD and it didn't help. 

TOPICS
Data loss , Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, instances should maintain the overrides if you have modified the instances when you change the master components. We are unable to view the video you have posted due to some forum platform issues... I request you to upload the video to youtube as unlisted and then share the link here so that we can view the video and understand the bug your facing with components.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately all the overrides completely reset to the original master. It doesn't matter what I change in the master, everything in the instances will reset.

Here's the video example of just changing the colour of the text:

https://youtu.be/TZXypvTTDMQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is weird behavior...because I test this in my XD and work the way it should not like yours. Is it happing only with this master component or all the master components?

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. If you're still experiencing the issue. We would suggest getting in touch with our support team using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html so that the team can remote into your system and troubleshoot or investigate.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines