Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Element not displaying correctly

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need some help figuring out why my colleagues can't see the white background behind the languages, while it looks just fine in my browser (I'm using Chrome, but it works in Firefox and Microsoft Edge too).

I've attached a screenshot sent form one of my colleagues. There should be a white background behind the text.

image005.png

Here is the prototype link https://xd.adobe.com/view/5cc237de-e584-46f9-54f2-e511b135316b-2af3/?fullscreen click on the Lang button top right corner.

I tried updating the link many times, I also generated a new link. Nothing helps...

I would really appreciate if someone can help because the link is now with the client and we need to fix it ASAP.

Many thanks!

TOPICS
Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Although it's critical, I need to focus on the rest of the pages so I can't spend much time testing. We will see if the client had any issues and if yes, I will have to figure something out. Maybe I will just re-do it as you suggested.

Thanks again for your help! Hopefully somoene from Adobe can help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like a problem on their end. I see it fine, there is a white background when I click on the language dropdown.

dstoic_0-1592999809016.png

Maybe ask them to clear their browser cache or try different browsers so you can pinpoint the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for checking it, this is really odd! I asked my wife to check on her laptop and same issue, it shouldn't be cache issue since she never opened this link before. She just tried on Edge and it works, hmm so it's broken on Chrome and works on Edge. This is a first lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember I saw a similar issue in another discussion from a few days ago:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/unexpected-textured-background-in-xd-shared-link/td-p/110692...

Perhaps it is some sort of bug, maybe try copying everything from that artboard to a fresh new file and link, to test it and see what happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like it's the same issue as I have.

I moved the homepage to a new file and here is the link https://xd.adobe.com/view/3e49f121-03e0-4c24-9ac1-135ddbe55c0b-6b1a/?fullscreen

Same issue on my wife's laptop in Chrome. But it still looks just fine in my Chrome... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird stuff, I checked this one on my PC, laptop and phone, all on Chrome and Edge, displays fine on all of them. I bet it's an issue with some version of the Chrome engine.

You can try disabling the animation to see if it still happens if it's not with auto animate, but just transition with dissolve.

Also maybe check the Chrome versions of the problematic browsers vs the good ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same chrome version... I give up lol

Disabling auto animate didn't work either. Thanks for your help thoguh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, if it's critical, you can try to investigate further, as you have a "faulty" browser to test things on.

You can make a similar configuration from scratch with appearing white element and a different image under it, and keep making it more and more similar to your design until it breaks, so you can identify the problematic element and find the bug 🙂

If it doesn't break just replace the newly made elements with the ones in the original design and check what happens. Hopefully that makes sense 🙂

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although it's critical, I need to focus on the rest of the pages so I can't spend much time testing. We will see if the client had any issues and if yes, I will have to figure something out. Maybe I will just re-do it as you suggested.

Thanks again for your help! Hopefully somoene from Adobe can help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines