• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enable missing fonts warning

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, my Adobe XD does not warn me about what fonts are missing in my PSD files, and it replaces all missing fonts to Arial fonts, so i cannot identify missing fonts.

How can i enable missing fonts alert when opening a PSD file?

Any support can be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Message was edited by: Thắng Nguyễn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

This feature is activated by default. Also I think if your psd file include that fold that means that they are almost installed on your machine.

Resolve missing fonts

Activating from Adobe fonts

With the latest release of Adobe XD, we’ve streamlined the task of loading missing fonts from the Adobe Font Library along with managing non-Adobe fonts, all directly within the application.

To ensure a seamless experience when working with Adobe fonts, XD automatically activates the missing fonts available

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature is activated by default. Also I think if your psd file include that fold that means that they are almost installed on your machine.

Resolve missing fonts

With the latest release of Adobe XD, we’ve streamlined the task of loading missing fonts from the Adobe Font Library along with managing non-Adobe fonts, all directly within the application.

To ensure a seamless experience when working with Adobe fonts, XD automatically activates the missing fonts available in Adobe Fonts Library on your machine without your intervention.

As long as you are online, opening a document that has missing fonts which are available in Adobe Fonts (to which you have access to via your Creative Cloud Subscription), XD automatically activates them on your machine.

Fonts that are activated from Adobe Fonts are highlighted with a blue activation icon, and as soon they are ready to use, they are available in your document, with no intervention from your end.

Auto-activate Adobe fonts
Auto-activate Adobe fonts

A. Missing fonts B. Activating fonts

Check out this video on working with missing fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response  Ares Hovhannesyan​. With xd files, i can see  missing fonts at Assets Tab like the video you shared above. However, i cannot see any assets in PSD files which i downloaded on the Internet. 2 weeks ago, Adobe XD still alert me about what fonts are missing when opening file like this picture

But now, probably after i update Adobe XD to the lastest version, it does not show this alert anymore. I can only know missing fonts when i open the files on my Photoshop CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The psd file must become available if you will click 'Ok" They must be change to system fonts until that fonts become available after downloading from Adobe Fonts on your OS. Interesting to know are they available on Adobe Fonts?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ares Hovhannesyan​ certainly, can you explain more specifically?. I still don't understand why missing font alert doesn't appear. Do you mean that the fonts need to be available on Adobe Fonts before the app warn me about that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it warm use because can't find fonts on your local machine, but cant download (may be) as can't find them at Adobe Fonts. So app ask you to replace them with system fonts until they become available. .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ares Hovhannesyan​ I know about the application's behavior. I mean  that my Adobe XD does not show to me this alert at the moment. But in the past, it did. So, i want to enable this alert again to find out what fonts are missing because at the moment, my Adobe XD automatically replaces missing fonts to system fonts and does not show this alert to me anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines