Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 2163

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

Following the last update of Adobe XD (v. 34.4.12.3) of November 11, 2020 i have this error message:

"Close and reopen the document to continue working. If you see this message again, go to the history of this document to save a copy of its previous version. (Error 2163)"

Do you have a solution to this problem? 😕 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

I resolved my issues with a combination of steps (provided from a support chat rep) that are mentioned in the above link. Maybe it will help you, but you might have already tried them.

1. Quit XD
  2. Update XD
  3. Log out of Creative Cloud desktop app
  4. Quit Creative Cloud desktop app
  5. End/quit all Adobe/Core Sync/Creative Cloud/CC/ etc processes (I'm on Mac so I used Activity Monitor and did that in both CPU and Memory tab)
  6. Restart Creative Cloud desktop app
  7. Login to Creative Cloud desktop app
  8. Open XD
  9. Open problem c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to avoid reloading an old version of the file, re-saving it online, and reposting a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens to me quite often recently. Once a week at least. Files vary; error codes vary.

What helps is to close and open the file. Repeat until it finally starts to work again. I've never had to save a copy of its previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this as well in multiple cloud documents for XD. It is a big issue with remote teams and existing shared links out in the world. Adobe, do you have a more useful solution than downloading an old version and reuploading and losing links?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind trying the steps suggested in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/user-guide.html/xd/kb/fix-issues-with-xd-cloud-documents.ug.html ?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything there and still have the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I resolved my issues with a combination of steps (provided from a support chat rep) that are mentioned in the above link. Maybe it will help you, but you might have already tried them.

1. Quit XD
  2. Update XD
  3. Log out of Creative Cloud desktop app
  4. Quit Creative Cloud desktop app
  5. End/quit all Adobe/Core Sync/Creative Cloud/CC/ etc processes (I'm on Mac so I used Activity Monitor and did that in both CPU and Memory tab)
  6. Restart Creative Cloud desktop app
  7. Login to Creative Cloud desktop app
  8. Open XD
  9. Open problem cloud doc... first time it hung on load but after a force quit it resolved and all others seemed to be ok. I had about 3 that would not open for me or a coeditor, we both did this and it seemed to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I've followed step by step this guide and didn't work. One colleague that can open de this file, logged in with my user and can't open the file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mhhhh, same problem here. Right now, it feels like I need to reset my cloud nearly every month. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines