• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: 49 while try to save the file in XD.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a cloud document to connect to XD file to use its assets library. My issue is, as soon as the cloud document size reached to 550kb you cannot save any changes. When you try to save you get Error: 49 message.

Yes, I did try to clearing TMP files, sign out and sign in again, uninstall XD and install it again. Delete the Cloud file and then recreate another, but even the new file once it reaches to 550kb you cannot save for further and pop out same Error: 49.

In Sketch, you won't get issues with cloud libraries. This makes Adobe XD very unreliable for work I'm afraid.

Please advise me and I hope you will fix this issue in your next release.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Open and save docs , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

For all of you that are facing this issue, try the solutions in the following order:

Oth

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 136 Replies 136
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all users that are facing this issue, can you try saving the file under a different file name on your computer?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. But, I found a pretty simple solution to save my changes. Just open a new project and copy & paste all your artworks to that project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a workaround, not a solution - what about the linked comments on the prototypes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't really cut it when you're working from linked cloud documents as an asset repository.

Now it's inevitable that there will be several versions of individual components, wasting the time and effort in managing them in the first place.

Whilst I applaud Adobe for moving so quickly in iterating with XD, the team clearly care and listen to their users, but the product is so far behind on rudimentary features that other users of other tools take for granted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We're sorry to hear you're facing trouble saving your XD documents. We'd request you to please try saving the document as "Save As" and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all of you that are facing this issue, try the solutions in the following order:

Note: To get in touch with Adobe Support directly use this link Contact Customer Care  Use the chat button to get started.

Other solutions that have helped some users:

1. Rename your cloud files after downloading a copy to your local computer: Will retain local changes but break links to other docs
  2. Clear temp files. You will lose latest changes to your doc and the doc will revert to the last saved version.
    • Quit all adobe related processes
    • Click start type 'run' or an equivalent in your os language
    • Enter %temp%
    • Delete all files in the local/temp folder that shows up
    • Click start type 'run' or an equivalent in your os language
    • Enter 'temp'
    • Delete all files in the temp folder that shows up
    • Reboot + relaunch cc and xd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error when trying to save the file locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DWCastillo, sorry that you're getting this error while saving your file locally. I would be great if you could confirm if you have tried the solutions mentioned by Preran in his last posts? Thanks, Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have this same error but my file isn't save to cloud, it's only save to my computer. Is there any way to fix it without losing the progress i made?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep having this problem again and again. My file exists only locally on my computer so saving to the cloud solution isn't suitable. I have had several cases where I couldn't save huge chunks of work and had to start all over again losing hours of work! Guys, your software isn't stable and not reliable. I can rename the file, but this will not help me to save it. Looks like the issue occurs when the size of the file hits certain limit.

Also first time it errors it tries to save project to tmp file with autogenerated name if it helps. Nothing helps to resolve this issue except reinstalling Adobe XD, and of course you will lose all unsaved work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, there is an issue when the size of the file hits a certain limit. The team is investigating this issue. Meanwhile, try splitting up your project and saving them to the cloud. I agree that it isn't a great solution but it should keep you going for now.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I keep having issues with saving Adobe xd files again and it's not related to the file size. The issue occurs every time when a new version has become available and I haven't yet updated.

You can't update to a new version while you have your file open. But closing the file means loosing all your changes. Do you see a deadlock here?

Also Adobe xd fails too update way too often. I have to uninstall it and install again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Victoria,

I understand your frustration. I would feel the same in your situation. Would you mind confirming if you have tried the steps mentioned in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/issue-saving-xd-file-creative-cloud.html?

If you lose the changes made in the file, you can always go to the version of the document and then copy paste the changes as mentioned in this article: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/revision-history-in-xd-helps-ensure-peace-of-mind-during-col...

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have a problem with Adobe Xd - I'm working on a project and it doesn't make me save any changes. I tried to save both as a Cloud Document and on the HDD but none of the options are working. I also updated the app and my OS (I'm working on a Mac) and tried to change name as someone mentioned in other threads.

Did this happen to anyone of you? How did you fix it?

Thanks a lot!

The title was edited by Moderator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ivana,

We're sorry to hear you're facing trouble using Adobe XD and unable to save the file. We'd request you to please try the steps mentioned in this article: Issue saving xd files to creative cloud and if that doesn't work, could you please try creating a new user account of your computer and let us know if that helps. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem since yesterday. I can't save changes on online files.

I can't either change the name of the file.

I've shared the file with someone else, who managed to make changes on my file (I saw it, because it asked me if I wanted to accept the modifications) but for some reason I couldn't see any changes.

I've tried to copy the components on a new file, and then saved it as an online file (had to relink the new file and everything...).
It worked earlier this morning, but tonight I have encountered the same issue : error 49.

I've already done the steps you mentionned in the article linked, but nothing has changed.

I have disconnected my CC account, uninstalled XD, and installed it back again. It didn't worked.

It seems that I'm not the only one concerned by this issue. I really think you should have a look.

Note : XD v 21.2.12.3 / CC 4.3.0.292 / macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Thanks,

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Magalith,

We're sorry to hear you're also having trouble using Adobe XD. We'd like to confirm if you've tried creating a new user account of your machine and if that doesn't work, please try repairing a Creative Cloud desktop app and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Just tried to follow the indications on the linked article and also created a new user account on my machine. Yesterday I created a new document where I copied all the assets and saved both on Cloud and HDD: it seemed to be working at the beginning, but as soon as I made some changes the problem reappeared.

Basically the only thing I can do not to lose any change is keeping Xd minimised all the time, which is not ideal.

Xd version is 21.2.12.3 / Creative Cloud Sync 4.3.0.292 / macOS version 10.14.6

Thanks,

Ivana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for performing the initial troubleshooting steps, Ivana. I'd like you to try repairing the Creative Cloud app? using this link: Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application and share the results with us.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just tried twice and error is still there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the confirmation, Ivana. Could you please share the Adobe ID, location and phone number with me over a private message so that I can escalate it to the concerned team?

Please send the URL of this forum post for reference. To send a private message, click my profile picture and use the Message button.

Please let me know if you face any issues with this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear since I updated the Adobe XD on my laptop, I became not able to see the prototype on my android mobile.

The issue is that the file cannot be saved to the cloud, even though I choose the cloud option when saving, but nothing happens and the file cannot be saved to the cloud, thus i cannot see the file on XD mobile application. I tried repairing XD from windows, but nothing changed.

My XD version is 14.0.42.14 !

Please advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mazenm,

Sorry that you are unable to use Adobe XD, as you have mentioned that you are unable to save your documents to cloud. I would request you to try to reinstall Adobe Creative Cloud using this link: - Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application and reinstall it using this link: - Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial.​ Please update this discussion with the results.

Please try to save your document to Cloud after reinstalling Adobe Creative Cloud. I would request you save your documents to your computer.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atul_Saini,

I seem to suffer from the same issue, which I have also outlined here, but your method unfortunately does not work for me either.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed exactly the steps you mentioned, but nothing happened. And now I am facing another problem, I can't share for review.

After it shows 100% completion, an error occurs. "You are currently offline (error 44:77:0). Check you Internet Connection and try again."

But the issue is that I have Internet and am using it all the day.

What can i do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines