• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: 49 while try to save the file in XD.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a cloud document to connect to XD file to use its assets library. My issue is, as soon as the cloud document size reached to 550kb you cannot save any changes. When you try to save you get Error: 49 message.

Yes, I did try to clearing TMP files, sign out and sign in again, uninstall XD and install it again. Delete the Cloud file and then recreate another, but even the new file once it reaches to 550kb you cannot save for further and pop out same Error: 49.

In Sketch, you won't get issues with cloud libraries. This makes Adobe XD very unreliable for work I'm afraid.

Please advise me and I hope you will fix this issue in your next release.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Open and save docs , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

For all of you that are facing this issue, try the solutions in the following order:

Oth

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 136 Replies 136
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to this - I made a copy of the file, deleted a good chunk of the artboard - and was able to make changes and save just fine. But obviously can't link those artboards to the ones I have made

Windows 10 64

core i7 7700

16 gb ram

Windows 10 Home

Version 1803

Installed on 5/19/2018

OS Build 17134.472

ADOBE XD

version 14.0.42.14

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still awaiting a reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the delay in my response. If I hear you right, you are able to save your file if you delete  a few art boards. I am unable to read the error message in the video that you shared. Would it be possible to post that here?

Can you let me know if you are saving to the cloud or to your local computer? If you are saving to the cloud, can you check if you have sufficient space for the file to be saved?

If you are in a rush, I suggest reaching out to us directly using this link Contact Customer Care

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not in a rush- I've got a bit of a workaround going for now.

The error is:

There was an error saving the file agc9760.tmp

(Error code:49)

The file could not be saved. Please try saving again.

Note that the file name (agc9760.tmp) changes every time I attempt to save.

This happened both on the cloud, and on my personal PC. There is plenty of space on both, as I have since saved many other files to the same directories on both the cloud and my local system.

The workaround I am currently using is that I deleted several artboards, until I was able to save, then saved those "deleted" artboards to a different XD file. It just makes it difficult creating a full prototype for my developers, since I have to have several links for them to follow instead of a fluid single prototype.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this only happen with this one file? Or does it happen with all of your files? What happens when you Save As a new document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue. Did you find a solution?

I have a locally saved XD document, hadn't saved for a while (couple of hours) - silly me! Went to save and got the same error:

I dumped some of the edited artboards in a new file, which saved fine. The problem is, if I rename the file it will publish an entirely new one. I will have to share again and my business team already have a bunch of links into my published XD docs, so everything will need to be updated. Ugh..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent you both a DM. Please take a look when you have a chance.
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issues... Do you find a solution?....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you continue to face this issue, please join us on this discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/Adobe-XD/Adobe-XD-Error-49-for-Cloud-files/td-p/10507855

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this error after trying to backup my Adobe XD file to my computer.

"An error occurred while saving the KOTscan-3-structure.xd file (error code: 49)"

If I want to register online, you receive the following message: "There was a problem saving as a new document online."

If I tried to change the name, I got this: "An error occurred while saving the file Copy of the KOTscan-3 --- .xd structure (Error code: 49) "

This is not my first time. I already had the problem with another file. All my files are saved on my computer. I do not use the Adobe cloud. I saw that the problem came when I have a lot of component or I create a new component.

My configuration :

Mac OS 10.14.5

Creative Cloud 4.8.2.476

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lauriane,

We're sorry for the frustration. From what I understand from your post, you are facing trouble saving the files in Adobe XD. Could you please try these steps mentioned in the link? Issue saving xd files to creative cloud​.

If that doesn't work, would you mind sharing the log files using Log Collector Tool <How to use the Creative Cloud Log Collector tool > After the files have been generated, upload the files to a shared location such as Creative Cloud, and share the URL with me over a private message?

Please send the URL of this forum post for reference. To send a private message, click my profile picture and use the Message button.

Please let me know if you face any issues with this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I am also experiencing the same problem of error code 49 and am unable to save.

I cannot try the process mentioned in your first link as that requires exiting XD which I can't do until I have saved my work. Please advise.

Thanks,

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

I understand your urgency. We're sorry for the trouble that you are facing while saving the file in XD and getting this error.

I would suggest trying these steps and share the results with us: -

• Create a New Document.

• Copy the Elements of the existing document into the new one.

• Then, try to save the file.

Please let me know if you face any issues with this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Unfortunately I have tried this already and when creating a new document I encounter an additional error, please see this below.

Can't create document

(Error code: 3623)

Many thanks,

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for performing the initial troubleshooting process, James. As mentioned in my # post 1, please share the log files and, I also suggest using this link Contact Customer Care to get in touch with our tech support team directly. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Harshika. I managed to copy and paste the sections into Sublime Text as code, close and update XD, and then copy everything back. Everything is working fine now.

Thanks again,

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you're back on track James. Please give us a shout on forum if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not 'answered". Please outline the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for reaching out. Could you please confirm if you are facing the same issue and getting error 49 while saving the file? If yes, have you tried the steps mentioned above? If yes, and the issue is still not resolved, please let us know we'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Using last version of XD on Windows 10. Unable to save cloud file which I use for components. File is linked from several other documents. Error occurs randomly for about last month or two. Tried some of possible solutions above but no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem has been fixed.

To get this fixed I had to let an Adobe rep take control of my computer remotely. After checking logs, uninstalling and reinstalling Xd to no conclusion, they tried installing XD on a new user profile on my Apple Laptop.

Once installed on a new profile, it opened everything (almost as it should, broken glyphs...but that's another complaint).

In order to solve the issue, all adobe products, and the whole creative cloud needed to be uninstalled and reinstalled. They also threw out some library files along the way but im not sure that was more relevant to the fix than the complete uninstall/reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice to hear you're back on track, Matthew and thank you for sharing the solution here. This will definitely help our customers to fix the issue. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to Adobe XD. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you continue to face this issue, please join us on this discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/Adobe-XD/Adobe-XD-Error-49-for-Cloud-files/td-p/10507855

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have been using adobe xd for 1 hour but I  having a problem.

close and reopen the document to continue working (Error 49).

how do  I  fix this problem.....???

{Renamed By MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sabia,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try the steps shared here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/adobe-xd-error-whilst-saving-error-49/m-p/10527925?page=1#M1...

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines