• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: 49 while try to save the file in XD.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a cloud document to connect to XD file to use its assets library. My issue is, as soon as the cloud document size reached to 550kb you cannot save any changes. When you try to save you get Error: 49 message.

Yes, I did try to clearing TMP files, sign out and sign in again, uninstall XD and install it again. Delete the Cloud file and then recreate another, but even the new file once it reaches to 550kb you cannot save for further and pop out same Error: 49.

In Sketch, you won't get issues with cloud libraries. This makes Adobe XD very unreliable for work I'm afraid.

Please advise me and I hope you will fix this issue in your next release.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Open and save docs , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

For all of you that are facing this issue, try the solutions in the following order:

Oth

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 136 Replies 136
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here..... Can't work since all my docs are linked...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johanc,

We're sorry for the frustration. I would like to know if you have tried all the solutions mentioned above in this post?  If yes, and the issue persists. Please share the log files with me as mentioned in # post 14.

Let me know if you have any issues with this. I'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Error 49 for cloud documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Harishka,

I'm having the same Error:49 issue:

Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 11.36.06 AM.jpg

I tried the troubleshooting steps with no success. I ran the log reporter and uploaded file: AdobeLogs_20190704_113412_202-mac.zip

Please help... up to now, XD has been behaving pretty flawlessly, but this is a real BLOCKER now!

Thanks in advance,

-Luis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For others having this issue: the only thing that fixed it for me was creating a new Creative Cloud user and sharing the affected files with the new user. Once the new user accessed the files and synced correctly, the original user was also able to do so. Not sure what caused the problem in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just tried that today with no success - the old user can neither see the changes nor save them.

at least the new user works now. Unfortunately the new user doesn't have the paid subscription, so I still need to fix it for the old user

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue today, Jul 5 2019. The upload stopped to work out of sudden, in the middle of the day. I sent the log using the log collection tool.

App is up to date, I restarted everything etc. Issue persists. Out of 3 cloud documents I have, 1 is failing. This one failing doc has components that are imported by the other 2 documents.

I hope this issue will be addressed soon.

Bests

Petr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Petr,

We're sorry for the trouble. We'd like to know a few more details like the OS and XD version you're using? I would suggest trying repairing the Creative Cloud app using the steps mentioned in this link: How to fix the issue of Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app not opening or showing a spinning progress ... and also try to create a new user profile of your machine and see if that works. Could you please share the log files with me over a private message with the URL of this forum post? To send a private message, click my profile picture and use the Message button.

Please let us know if you've any issues with this. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same error! Working in XD, 20.2.12.1 , Creative Cloud Sync 4.2.7.2 , Mac 10.14.4 . File size: 908 KB

"There was an error saving the file as "[filename]"

The file could not be saved. Please try saving again. (Error: 49)"

I'm working with an XD Cloud file, with components linked to other XD documents. I noticed that the other documents weren't updating the components (or even recognizing that an updated file/component was available), so I checked out my cloud document, and as soon as I made an edit and tried to save, I got this error.

What I've done so far:

• Updated XD and Creative Cloud
  • Ran "Repair" on the Creative Cloud Desktop app
  • Renamed the XD cloud file (still gave the same error)
  • Saved as a new XD cloud file (still gave the same error)
  • Deleted artboards to reduce file size

Please let me know what the next step will be, or if this is a bug that will be addressed later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for performing the troubleshooting steps and sharing all the details. I understand how you feel, I'd feel the same in your situation.

I would suggest getting in touch with our support team by using this link Contact Customer Care and share the troubleshooting steps that you've performed.

Please let me know if you face any issues with this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I joined the group. I am having the same issue. Has anyone found a solution to this? Given the issue with the sync, it would have been nice if a linked asset could have been a local file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AC_OTTAWA,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Adobe XD. Could you please confirm if you've tried the solution mentioned above? and if that doesn't fix the issue, could you please share the OS and XD version of your machine?

Please let us know if you've any issue with this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have also the same issue - today 14 July. It's a molecule file linked to an atomic file and itself linked to an organism file and template file.

The atomic file and the organism are also saved on the cloud and for the moment no issue. All files have been created the same day: 26 June.

The configuration is Mac OS 10.14.5 with Adobe xd 20.2.12.1, Creative Cloud Sync 4.3.0.292.

And I already this issue with another file and a previous version of XD. The update of XD doesn't change anything.

I also deleted the TMP file as suggested in another post but no change.

Kind regards.

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,

Thank you for sharing the details, we're sorry for the trouble that you're facing while saving the file and getting error 49.

To proceed further, we will need to investigate the log files from your machine. Please generate log files using the information provided in this document <How to use the Creative Cloud Log Collector tool > After the files have been generated, upload the files to a shared location such as Creative Cloud, and share the URL with me over a private message.

Please send the URL of this forum post for reference. To send a private message, click my profile picture and use the Message button.

Please let me know if you face any issues with this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HARSHIKA_VERMA

How many time have you copied nad pasted that reply without ever actually following up oon it?  what a joke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the top it says the question is "Assumed Answered". Is there a known fix for this issue? I still get the error 49.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed today's CC update including XD. Still get the error 49.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible solution.

I believe that I have resolved my error 49 issue. Here is what I did.

1. I logged into a second logon account I had created on Windows 10.

2. I opened the linked assets document that was causing the issue. This was not quite the same file as I was seeing in the other login. No idea why.

3. I then went after the linked assets within the cloud linked assets document which started the whole issue.

- I had been using a few UI kits previous to the May release which brought in components.

- I now saw that the source UI kit symbols (now components) were showing a red link as I had moved these. There were not too many so I selected them all and converted them to local. I did this for one other UI kit that had been linked. These UI kits were stored on local storage and not the cloud.

- With all components now Document assets, I saved successfully.

4. I logged out of this temp account and logged into my main login. I terminated CC and then went to the AppData/local/Adobe library and deleted the OOBE directory. This took a few tries as I needed to use task manager to kill a few remaining CC processes to release their lock on the db files.

5. I logged out and logged back in. I then logged into CC. When I started XD and accessed the linked assets file in the cloud, it was now the version I edited on the other login and I was able to modify it and save without issue.

I hope this is the last of it. However, it appears that the workflow available before the May update can create issues later when syncing; especially if your cloud assets file has lost some links to desktop ui-kit files.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing your solution. It will help other users with a similar issue. I will also share this solution with our support teams for their observations.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone fixed this already? It happened to me too..

Here is what causes this error in my case:

1. Make a bunch of artworks and single table component with repeat grids on the header and the body.
  2. Use the table component inside every artworks.
  3. Expand and edit repeat grid content.
  4. The app got stuck and could not be saved.

Here is what I cannot do after this error occured:

1. Everything except closing the app by right clicking the app icon on the taskbar and reopen the project and lose the changes and then facing this error again. What next? Just repeat until you get old while wishes your project can be saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated above you can

Option 1:

- Rename your file

==> Will keep your local changes but will break links to other documents

Option 2:

- Delete your temp files

==> Will discard your local changes and revert to the last correct save to the cloud

Option 3:

- Sign in with a different OS user.

==> Will give you the last correct file which was stored in the cloud

It all depends on your situation what suits you best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Antonio,

I did tried your solution above and nothing changed. It still stuck like before. I decided to reopen the app and ungroup all the repeat grid items and it just works. No more stuck when I edited the same element.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also getting this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat, this really sucks.

Azullian's suggested fixes didn't work for me, whilst I can get back to the most recent version of the file, I'm unable to make changes or save the file - XD has to be force-closed to actually close the file

Adobe XD is the perfect example of rushing out a product and letting the users do the bug testing. If I wasn't forced to use it for work I'd have gone back to Sketch months ago. What a joke.

log file if it helps at all AdobeLogs_20190807_084332_164-win.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting your temp files if your new local changes in comparison to the cloud file are minimal.

You'll lose your latest changes but keep links intact and get rid of the error normally. At least it worked for me.

Removal of local files if an error 49 persists can be done this way:

1. Quit all adobe processes

2. Click start type 'run' or an equivalent in your os language

3. Enter %temp%

4. Delete all files in the local/temp folder that shows up

5. Click start type 'run' or an equivalent in your os language

6. Enter 'temp'

7. Delete all files in the temp folder that shows up

8. Reboot + relaunch cc and xd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines