• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: 49 while try to save the file in XD.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a cloud document to connect to XD file to use its assets library. My issue is, as soon as the cloud document size reached to 550kb you cannot save any changes. When you try to save you get Error: 49 message.

Yes, I did try to clearing TMP files, sign out and sign in again, uninstall XD and install it again. Delete the Cloud file and then recreate another, but even the new file once it reaches to 550kb you cannot save for further and pop out same Error: 49.

In Sketch, you won't get issues with cloud libraries. This makes Adobe XD very unreliable for work I'm afraid.

Please advise me and I hope you will fix this issue in your next release.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Open and save docs , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

For all of you that are facing this issue, try the solutions in the following order:

Oth

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 136 Replies 136
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing a lot of "try the litany of potential solutions above" rather than, "this is obviously a bug and we'll create a ticket to try and get this issue resolved right away." Not being able to save your work is fundamentally problematic, and is a major deal-breaker for me. Stop making the user work for YOU, Adobe - the app should be working for US.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD is freezing on macbook pro running Catalina 10.15.6.

One of my XD project file is getting stuck after 15- 20 edit actions on the file. Like the cursor selection of elements gets stuck - although zoom and other things are still responding. Even, switching of tab responds from design - prototype - share - but the right sidebar properties do not update. 

Having a hard time here. But this happens only for one file - rest of the projcets are working just fine. However this project is in this file is important to me. 

Memory used during freeze - 1.74gb and CPU % is between 5 - 21%

Cursor pointer freezes - can't select any element post this - have to close and reopen the fileCursor pointer freezes - can't select any element post this - have to close and reopen the fileThrows an error during saveThrows an error during save

{Renamed By MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. As per the screenshot you are getting error 49 so, could you please try the suggestions shared here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/error-49-while-try-to-save-the-file-in-xd/m-p/10507855?page=...

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just try this one technique if you want to save the file.

Hi all. I faced the same issue just now and came here searching for the solution. But nothing helped. So I tried few steps but nothing worked. So at alst I just published my work once just to make sure it will be available for me to view and to recreate it. The publish was successful. I simply tried again to save it after publishing. Some magic happened and it got saved. By the way, I store my files in system storage and not on cloud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD not working. grey screen appears after the selection of art board. getting stuck while saving.Screenshot_33.jpgScreenshot_34.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with XD. Would you mind trying the steps mentioned in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/user-guide.html/xd/kb/fix-issues-with-xd-cloud-documents.ug.html#unable-t...?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These steps mentioned are not working for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zeinab,

Sorry for the delay in response and thanks for trying the steps. Would you mind sharing the OS and XD version of your machine? Is it happening with every file or with a specific file? 

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

This is a huge problem since I constantly have to save my file as a new file and replace the old one > This makes my link "expire", which means I have to create a new link. As you can imagine, I lose all the comments on the existing link > Which means I literally can't work with XD since all my clients' comments get lost. Is there a final solution for this problem? 

Thank you

Maria 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was experiencing this problem, error code 49 and none of the above seemed to be a solution for me (for one, I didn't want to sign out or perform destructive tasks as I had an open document - not saved - which I didn't want to lose).

For me the solution was simple in the end:

1. Open Task Manager (if on PC) Ctrl+Alt+Del

2. Open file location for the task Adobe Core Sync, then end the task

3. Relaunch coresync.exe from the file location.

4. Voila

And good job, because I just about had a heart attack. /s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, having the same issue. Tried everything posted here. Still can't save ALL THE WORK I'VE DOING FOR THE WHOLE DAY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had the same issue after renaming my local file by clicking the filename in the XD window.

I first noticed that all my videos didn't play in the preview. Then that I couldn't save.

After deleting all movies I managed to save locally (not save as, that didn't work, just a normal save).

Restarted XD and imported the videos agian and everything is back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines