• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Code: 86 Can not open file on macOS(10.14.5) & XD version(21.0.12.11)

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was working on a file for couple of weeks. Then it and it's two copies started to give an error. It says There was an error opening the file .....  (Error code: 86). I change it's name for a shorter one. Tried other copies, but no luck. There's no problem with my other xd documents. I think this is a corrupted file error. There's a prototype of it in cloud but as i read in the forum it is not downloadable. Is there any way to save it? I'm using MacOS Mojave 10.14.5. And XD version 21.0.12.11.

Thank you.

The title was edited by Moderator.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you're having trouble opening the file in XD and getting error 86. I'd like to know a few more details like: -

• Where was the file stored?
  • Is it a local file or a Cloud document?
  • Is there any antivirus activated on the machine? If yes, what is the name of the antivirus?

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply. The file is stored in my iMac's own hard drive. And I have two other copies in external drives which have the exact situation. I don't use any antivirus on my Mac.

I can send you the file also if it will help.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news? thanx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response. Could you please share the file with me over a private message? and then will take it from there.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just sent it to you.

Thank you again for the efforts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the file with me. Could you please update to the latest version of XD(21.1.12.3)? and let me know if you still face issues while opening the file.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated to the latest 21.1.12.3 but still the same. sorry..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that you're still facing the issue with XD. Could you please share the log files with me over a DM?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Harshika,

Unfortunately there is no log file associated with XD as you may see. I think the file is corrupted which means I have to re-prepare it (Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 08.52.08.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info. I really appreciate your troubleshooting skills. I'd request you to please try creating a new user account of your system. Please check out this tutorial on how to create a new user account of your system: How To Create a Local User Account in Windows 10 | HP Computers | HP - YouTube

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue. How can I download my online file since my local one has this message.

There was an error opening the file Donor Intent Wireframes v1b.xd

(Error code: 86)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines