• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error -"Sorry we can't open this document in Adobe XD" or Error 47 while opening the cloud document.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

If i will open a document from the cloud in XD i get this message:

Sorry we can't open this document.

Its a very important document for school. Who can help me?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Hey everyone,

Sorry to hear that you're unable to open the file and get an error "Sorry that you are unable to open this document." or  Error 47, unable to open the document." We'll try our best to help you with this. 

First, there are two quick solutions which you may try. 

1. Open the same file on a different machine or user account( Windows 10/ Mac). 
  2. Download a previous version of the file from version history from assets.adobe.com using these steps (https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/revision-history-in-xd-helps-ensure-peace-of-mind-during-collaboration/m-p/10703548?page=1#M18044

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Hi there! This error message generally means that you don't have permissions to view the document, or that the document doesn't exist. Since you're obviously sharing between team members, is it possible that you have more than one Adobe IDs and are logged into one of them?

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Same error just now  

Got round it by logging in to different Mac user account, then CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

In case anybody needs a real fix, instead of the Adobe responses that don't work:

If you get error 47 after your computer has crashed, there most likely is a corrupt version of your file stored locally. I tried clearing temp files and all other suggestions, but couldn't get it fixed.

What did fix it in the end, was going to the CC Desktop app, and into your files. Locate the file that won't open, right click on it and select "make available online only". Now when you open the file it is pulled fro

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 362 Replies 362
New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue today as well. Someone wanted to share an .XD file with 150 wireframes. Sent me the transactional email to share an XD file and got the same error as you all.

3 hours of trouble-shooting later...

You have to be logged into Creative Cloud first...

Then, open XD > Shared With You or > Cloud Documents

Otherwise, XD can't connect their cloud account to yours...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm having this now too

Everything was working fine when I left on Friday, and now it wont open, just sates 'Sorry, we can't open this document.'.

The file is in my Cloud Documents, but wont open. I can open the published link I've sent out, but I REALLY need this file back available to open in XD so i can carry on with my work and not have to start again!

Please help, I don't have access to another computer with XD on, so what can I do?!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear that you're having trouble opening the cloud files in Adobe XD. Could you please confirm if you've tried the steps mentioned in the above posts?

Please share the OS and XD version of your machine and let us know if you face any issues with this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried the steps above as much as possible, without having access to another machine, but sadly to no avail.

I do have it sorted now though. I created and setup add other user on my PC, downloaded XD, signed in with my normal details, and managed to open my files through the new account (new PC user, same Adobe account).

After sending myself a local copy of the project, I was able to open it up in my normal account, but this is VERY poor Adobe.

I seen this issue, and variations of it, going back a couple of years which is an INSANE amount of time not to have fixed it. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm nearly done with this project, I would (and will from now on) switch to another design package as this cannot keep happening. It's ok for you guys as my little project doesn't mean anything, but this nearly cost me my job and my reputation that I've spent years building.

It's not just the big guys that keep you in business, you should look after the little guys too, everyone grows, no-one forgets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error just now  

Got round it by logging in to different Mac user account, then CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workaround to get a file to open in XD was sharing the cloud link with another Adobe CC user. He was able to open the cloud document and save it locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the workaround solution that worked for you. This will help our user to fix the same issue. Please let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same here...

I did all the procedures. My mates can open the file on the adobe cloud but I can't.

I'm the owner so I made a copy on my machine and restored it to the cloud and reshared but that not solve the problem. I also reinstalled XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind trying to go to the previous version of the file & see if you are able to open the file?

We would also suggest checking the file at https://assets.adobe.com/ and let us know if you are able to see the file.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Am facing this problem on Adobe XD, when am working on the file for like 1-2minutes, i get the "Connecting" pop up, then i got a message saying:

"Something went wrong - Sorry we can't open this document. Access this document's history to save a copy of a previous version. ( error 2143)."

Then the app quits. i tried: Restarting the computer, updating the app/Creative cloud, Deleted file and restored it.. ) nothing. 

Please let me know what i can do thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for using Adobe Xd and Happy New Year! 

Please review this converstion : https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/sorry-we-can-t-open-this-document-adobe-xd/td-p/10415491

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to  save  the  file locally? Are you on a network computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A XD file which is saved in cloud by my teammate and shared with myself and couple of other folks. It was opening correctly earlier but suddenly lastweek it got crashed and now I am not able to open that file from my laptop. But the same cloud XD file is running fine for other team members. And the problem I am facing is also that file was kind of library files which we were using in other XD files which are now showing all unlinked. Please see the below message I am getting. Is there any solution for this ?Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 11.18.44 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with XD. We had a similar discussion regarding the similar issue in past here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/sorry-we-can-t-open-this-document-adobe-xd/m-p/10756966. We would request you to please join the discussion and try the solutions mentioned in the post.

Let us know if that helps.

Note: Merged post

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a little troube in adobe xd.my all project are on adobe Cloud. When i open adobe xd and go to cloud documents. i find an error.(Something went wrong. please restart the app and try again.)

I opened xd unlimited time but all time same issue.

i attach screenshot also,you can see this.

please help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents and select a file and click on the Open in XD button, will it open in XD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i go to https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents and select a file and
click on the Open in XD button, then there are also an arror
*Sorry, we cannot open this document.*
[image: image.png]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe guys need to look into this for you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can adobe fix this error or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Muhammad,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble opening the design in XD. We would request you to please try the solutions mentioned in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/crash-load-sorry-we-can-t-open-this-document-in-adobe-xd/m-p... 

Let us know if that helps.

Note: Merged Post

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. Tried on both home and work PC, using the free/trial version of XD currently just to try it, to open a file from my web developer using Adobe XD via adobe CC suite.

I'm on version 28.4.12.3 (Starter) of XD; Creative cloud sync is on: 4.3.34.67. Creative Cloud is version 5.1.0.407.

It works to download the file from the creative cloud, then open it, but I cannot open it directly via the cloud, I just get the same error as in the post start.
I have the logs request in another reply, but not sure what to do with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Axni,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble opening the document in XD and thank you for sharing the details. Would you mind confirming if it's happening with only cloud documents? Please confirm if you have tried the solutions mentioned in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/issue-saving-xd-file-creative-cloud.html

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines