Error -"Sorry we can't open this document in Adobe XD" or Error 47 while opening the cloud document.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

If i will open a document from the cloud in XD i get this message:

Sorry we can't open this document.

Its a very important document for school. Who can help me?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Hey everyone,

Sorry to hear that you're unable to open the file and get an error "Sorry that you are unable to open this document." or  Error 47, unable to open the document." We'll try our best to help you with this. 

First, there are two quick solutions which you may try. 

1. Open the same file on a different machine or user account( Windows 10/ Mac). 
  2. Download a previous version of the file from version history from assets.adobe.com using these steps (https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/revision-history-in-xd-helps-ensure-peace-of-mind-during-collaboration/m-p/10703548?page=1#M18044).

If the problem still persists, please try the following suggestions. 

Step 1. Ensure that XD is up to date using this link (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html).

Step 2. Follow the instructions mentioned on this page step by step (https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/issue-saving-xd-file-creative-cloud.html). Before proceeding to the next step. Please upload the logs to CC or Dropbox and share the link with me via PM (click on my name and hit the message button on my profile). This would help us to get to the root cause and investigate further. 

Step 3. Please try cleaning the Creative Cloud desktop app from the cleaner tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html and then reinstall the Creative Cloud desktop app from here (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html).

Please update this discussion in case you need further assistance, we'll certainly take it further from here. For immediate assistance, you may contact Adobe Tech Support using this link https://adobe.ly/2WYE62m Use the chat button on the page to get started.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Topics

Crash on windows, Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. Tried on both home and work PC, using the free/trial version of XD currently just to try it, to open a file from my web developer using Adobe XD via adobe CC suite.

I'm on version 28.4.12.3 (Starter) of XD; Creative cloud sync is on: 4.3.34.67. Creative Cloud is version 5.1.0.407.

It works to download the file from the creative cloud, then open it, but I cannot open it directly via the cloud, I just get the same error as in the post start.
I have the logs request in another reply, but not sure what to do with them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Axni,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble opening the document in XD and thank you for sharing the details. Would you mind confirming if it's happening with only cloud documents? Please confirm if you have tried the solutions mentioned in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/issue-saving-xd-file-creative-cloud.html

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's only cloud documents. If the person sends the specific file itself it works perfectly fine. As I mentioned, it also works perfectly fine to download the file via the web-portal and open it, it just doesn't work via the cloud documents in XD/CC.

I have restarted my pc, reinstalled both XD&CCS, and even tried making new blank cloud documents which cannot be opened either. Have also tried on 2 different computers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for sharing the details and trying the steps. It looks like that the Adobe Creative Cloud Sync is not up to date, I'd recommend updating it to the latest version which is  4.3.38.12 by following the steps shared in the above help article shared by Harshika and then sign out and sign in and check again. I understand you have already tried on multiple machines however we have to narrow it down to identify the root cause of the issue. 

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no update available to me in ACC currently. I get no popup when opening it like the article suggests, and going to help -> check for updates fetches no new update either.

Possibly because I just got a trial version to check it out first?

/Axel

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming that. We might need to check that at your machine level, would you mind contacting us (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html) through our chat or phone support so that we can take a remote session and check it for you?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there this worked for me and I decided to share...I updated my Creative Cloud Desktop app, updated my Xd there and it started working again. So I guess I had an update problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jownie,

Glad to hear it has been resolved! Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or issues in the future.

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm aware of the other topics about this situation but i tried all solutions but nothing changed. it was a cloud document. i can see it on my Desktop Xd but i cant access it. Mostly the solution is "try with other PC or try with web browser" but i cant see in the "cloud documents" my file with other stuffs. Only my Desktop XD shows it. but  i can nott access it. After all, i send the project to "deleted" location i can see it there now but i cant restore it. 

computer turned off while saving. this is the reason of problem i think. I NEED HELP PLZ 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble, I'll try my best to help you out with this. Could you please try the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/issue-saving-xd-file-creative-cloud.html

Let us know if this helps, or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to the last version, I can´t open my project saved in the cloud. It asks me to recover it at the history panel but can´t access the project. ERROR 47

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try the suggestion shared here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/error-quot-sorry-we-can-t-open-this-document-in-adobe-xd-quo... 

Let us know if this helps, or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have an issue opening a local file, as soon it finish loading (I can see the designs and in the left bar its printed all the artboards) then  I get the error "There was an error opening the file..." (Error code: 47). After I click ok, the document close and can't do anything.

I already tried the steps listed in a similar post with the Error 47 but for cloud documents and didn't fix the problem.(https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/error-quot-sorry-we-can-t-open-this ...)

I tried opening the file in other computers with different Adobe accounts and the issue remains. I work on this file locally, only have being shared for Design Specs with my dev team.

This is a very important document for my company all the new designs for our interface is stored there. Need help urgently my job is on the line for this error.

this is the error messagethis is the error message

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. This is strange as generally, we get this error while opening a cloud document. Could you please share a few more details like:

1. A screenshot of the About XD info page.
  2. Where exactly the file is saved? Is it saved locally on your system storage or in any folder which is synced with a network location, like a google drive folder?
  3. Please try changing the location of the file to any other drive and then try opening the file.
  4. If that doesn't help, will it be possible for you to share the file with us so that we can check it on our end? If yes, please add the file to DropBox or any cloud storage and share the link here or you can send it through a private message by clicking on my name. We'll try our best to help you with this.

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

First of all thanks for the support and sorry for the late reply, our office was close a few days. Regarding your notes see below:

1.- See About XD Info page below

2.- The file is stored locally in my computer (just in D drive) and the folder is not synced to a network location.

3.- I changed the file location, even the name too and didn't work. Also I copied the file to other computers and even opened with a different Adobe account (not associated with the same email I currently use) and still give the same error.

4.- I sent you the file via private message

Thanks a lot for the support, I really hope to hear from you soon

ApplicationFrameHost_q9ruEDy04D.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the file, I am getting this checked with the team and will keep you posted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, is there any update regarding the issue I reported or the shared file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response. We have logged a bug for that file as we were getting the same error on our end as well. Please allow us some time, we will share the update as soon as we hear from the Engineering team.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the update

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Add a group