• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error -"Sorry we can't open this document in Adobe XD" or Error 47 while opening the cloud document.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

If i will open a document from the cloud in XD i get this message:

Sorry we can't open this document.

Its a very important document for school. Who can help me?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Hey everyone,

Sorry to hear that you're unable to open the file and get an error "Sorry that you are unable to open this document." or  Error 47, unable to open the document." We'll try our best to help you with this. 

First, there are two quick solutions which you may try. 

1. Open the same file on a different machine or user account( Windows 10/ Mac). 
  2. Download a previous version of the file from version history from assets.adobe.com using these steps (https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/revision-history-in-xd-helps-ensure-peace-of-mind-during-collaboration/m-p/10703548?page=1#M18044

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Hi there! This error message generally means that you don't have permissions to view the document, or that the document doesn't exist. Since you're obviously sharing between team members, is it possible that you have more than one Adobe IDs and are logged into one of them?

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Same error just now  

Got round it by logging in to different Mac user account, then CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

In case anybody needs a real fix, instead of the Adobe responses that don't work:

If you get error 47 after your computer has crashed, there most likely is a corrupt version of your file stored locally. I tried clearing temp files and all other suggestions, but couldn't get it fixed.

What did fix it in the end, was going to the CC Desktop app, and into your files. Locate the file that won't open, right click on it and select "make available online only". Now when you open the file it is pulled fro

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 362 Replies 362
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're glad to hear that the workaround solution helped you. We got to know from the team that there is a CoreSync issue at the backend which caused the problem. The team is investigating and working on it to fix it.

Please feel free to reach out if you need further assistance from us. We'd be happy to help. 

If you still face issue after trying the workaround solution, please join the discussion here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/adobe-xd-cloud-file-not-synching-and-getting-stuck-when-open...

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. My team recently upgraded to Adobe XD 37.1.32. I know this is not the latest and greatest.  Since upgrading the team has sporadically been experiencing this same issue getting the message that a document can't be opened. Some team members can open and others can't.

Our files are quite large and shared amongst at least 50 team members, so constantly having to save down locally and then reshare to 50 people each time someone has an issue is not efficient for us. And also rolling back to previous versions means losing people's work.

One thing to note is that our other Adobe apps are still on cc20. Could this be causing an issue? We do share content with XD from other apps like PS & AI. Just a thought.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD is making me lose my hair, sometimes crash opening the app and closes from nowhere. Sometimes i go to cloud documents, click one, and a pop up appears that says " problem with this document" or something like that, and i have to download the entire file from version history. C'mon adobe, dont lose clients, dont try to add more features, fix those you have today running very bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. A screenshot of the About XD info page under the help menu and the version of the Operating System.
  2. Does this happen while working on a specific file or multiple files?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crash.pngPop up.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only happen when multiple are open.

About xd.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this morning this happened 3 times in a row

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and now, files doesnt recognize libraries. By adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing the information with us. We would request you to please update XD to 39 version and see if that helps. If it doesn't, please try the steps suggested here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/error-quot-sorry-we-can-t-open-this-document-in-adobe-xd-quo...

Let us know if that helps. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the screenshot and sorry for the frustration. We would like to know if you've update XD to 39 version and if you're still experiencing the issue.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.
A few weeks ago I decided to clean up all projects. Created folders, cleaned up intermediate files, grouped designs by files. Everything worked.
Updated several times.
Now the question of the presentation of the portfolio arose. And I cannot open documents. It just says "Sorry, we could not open this document", and that's it.
The job seems to be lost. What to do?

Thanks in advance.
Sincerely, Bogdanov I.A.

Web 1920 – 1.png

{Renamed By MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, where are your projects saved? Cloud, external peripherals or on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the suggestions shared here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/error-quot-sorry-we-can-t-open-this-document-in-adobe-xd-quo...

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! It's right. I can to download a files, and open like a local project. And XD opened it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are unable to open the cloud file. Have you followed the steps in the thread shared by Rishabh? If no, please try to open the file from: https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents

If that doesn't help, please share the OS and XD versions of your machine.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is getting even worse, and this is considering that it has been addressed to Adobe... four years ago?

user5949843521_1-1618917161617.png

and then even if I try to use the suggested link, I get another error:

user5949843521_2-1618917206261.png

How can we work like this?
Hours of productivity are lost.
Adobe, please fix such crucial bugs, and make people work (enjoy your products) instead of surfing support forums and constantly getting frustrated.

This is just one of the many clearly-seen bugs that affect our daily work experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We apologize for the delay in response. We would like to know if you're still experiencing the issue on XD 40 version. Are you able to open the file from here: https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents?

Please let us know if you need further assistance from us.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took Adobe almost a month to reply to my message. Good customer service!
I don't experience the issue anymore, because I gave up on Adobe, and moved to Figrma. My life is much better now. Bye Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you. There's no point waiting for adobe, they are worst. I
thought I am a part of an awesome product but didn't knew falling for a
trap. Moving on to Figma.

Cheers
Atin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right XD is less and less efficient release after release ! So much issues... Frankly I don't have to shut down Xd myself anymore for 2 years now, Xd do it by itself every hour for me. But may be it's a "killer" feature.

No franlky please work faster on issues otherwise Figma is here.

By the way I'm also struggling with bug 47. And it's not the first time.

I'm borred to have to uninstall everything each time. And even one time I had to reinstall my entire computer !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved this through moving the cloud file at assets.adobe.com in a folder and back. Could open immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, I also download the file in error on my computer and opened it. And it work ! Seems there is an online routine somewhere which doesn't work properly. Or may be it's a library problem ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the point of having cloud storage when I had to face this issue. It happens after the update. Now my files can't be used.

Screenshot 2021-05-25 220522.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines