• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error- Sorry, we can’t open this document in XD.

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dear community,

I have a really important XD document that I was able to open in another computer (which I don't have anymore). However when it try to open this document in my new computer this is the message I receive: "Sorry, we can’t open this document". I've tried everything mentioned in this forum in order to open the file, but it is impossible.

In addition, the last version saved of this document in assets.adobe.com is from October, 2019 but the last modification I made to the file was a week ago (before I changed my computed), it means it seems that more that a month of work has been lost.

I really appreciate any help in order to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 2.14.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-09 at 2.15.32 PM.png

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Hi Harshika,

Thanks for your quick response!

Fortunatelly the document is working. However, this is what I did:

I had a recent version of the document downloaded as a backup. I deleted the non-working cloud version of the same document and then I open the local file and save it as a cloud document. And that's it! For some reason it's working and also has the same share URL (which was the most important thing that I wanted to preserve). I also was able to share the document for colaboration and it

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alizano,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble opening the document in XD. Would you mind trying the steps mentioned in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/issue-saving-xd-file-creative-cloud.html

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Thanks for your quick response!

Fortunatelly the document is working. However, this is what I did:

I had a recent version of the document downloaded as a backup. I deleted the non-working cloud version of the same document and then I open the local file and save it as a cloud document. And that's it! For some reason it's working and also has the same share URL (which was the most important thing that I wanted to preserve). I also was able to share the document for colaboration and it works fine. 

Thanks anyway, hope this soluction might help others!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing your solution here. It will surely help other users with a similar issue. Glad to hear that you are back in action again.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A document I created and shared with others on my team, I'm all of a sudden getting the message "Sorry, we can't open this document." Everyone else on the team can open the document, I can still see it in my cloud documents and download a copy and open it. But I would like to have the version history and share link that was created with the original, this link was shared with a number of different departments who are currently reviewing it. I'm also the only one who can invite others to edit the document since I created it. How do I open the original cloud file?

{Renamed By MOD }

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sara,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please check if XD is updated to the latest version that is 29.0.32? If yes, please share the version of CoreSync from the About XD info page under the help menu. You can also try quitting XD and Adobe CC desktop app and then from task manager or Activity Monitor, please quit CoreSync Process. Once done please launch XD and try opening the files. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I updated XD and it wont open. I closed the creative cloud and core sync and reopenned XD and the file is having the same message. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try the suggestions shared here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/error-sorry-we-can-t-open-this-document-in-xd/m-p/10791169?p...

If that doesn't help, could you please share a screenshot of the About XD info page. If you have Windows, it would be under the Help menu and if you have macOS then it would be under XD Menu. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines