• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: XD Plugins - "Plugin Installation Failed"

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded XD and I'm trying to download some plugins to use for my project. 

I'm on a Mac - 10.13.6

XD Version: 33.1.12.4

Every plugin I try to download generates a vague error "Plugin Installation Failed". 

Based on feedback I've seen from other people experiencing this issue, I've done the following:

• I've tried restarting.
  • I've tried logging out of CC and logging back in. 
  • I've tried a bunch of different Plugins (to make sure it wasn't the one I was trying to download).
  • I've tried adding a new folder to Library > Application Support > Adobe > Adobe XD
  • I've tried adding a Plug-Ins folder to the Adobe: Library > Application Support > Adobe > Adobe XD > Plug-Ins
    • I've also tried variations of the name of the plugins folder based on other places I've seen where people have been troubleshooting this ("plugins", "plug-ins", and "Plug-Ins").

Still generates the error. 

Any ideas of what else I can do to solve this one?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try the steps shared below:

1. In finder go to /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/
    If you can’t see the Library folder because it’s hidden, from the Finder menu, select the “Go” menu and choose “Home”, or select <username> from favorites in Finder then select “view” and choose “Show View Options”, check “Show Library Folder” option form view options, now you should be able to see the Library folder in finder under <username>/LibrarySelect “Adobe” folder, then choose File > Get Info.
  2. Click the lock icon to unlock it, then enter an administrator name and password.
  3. Select your <username> from “Sharing & Permissions” and change the privilege to “Read & Write” if privilege is already set to “Read & Write” proceed on to the next step
  4. Click the Action (gear icon) pop-up menu, then choose “Apply to enclosed items.”
  5. You can close the “Info” window after the process is over.

If this doesn't help, I'd recommend disabling the antivirus once and then try installing the plugins and let us know how it goes.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Rishabh_Tiwari,

Thanks for responding. Unfortunately, my username already had read & write privileges, so this didn't solve the problem. 

I don't understand what you mean when you say "disabling antivirus" and then try installing. I don't know of any specific antivirus software on my machine that keeps me from installing software or plugins. Is there something specific in mind you're thinking of?

Thanks!

Kaci

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the confusion, Kaci. By disabling antivirus I mean, if there is any antivirus or firewall which might be blocking the installation so if possible we can try installing after disabling them. We also need to check the Gatekeeper settings on the macOS as these plugins are from a third party manufacturer, so could you please navigate to System Preferences > Security & Privacy and under the General Tab, please ensure that the option for App Store and identified developers is checked. If it still doesn't install we'll need to troubleshoot this on a remote session, I'd recommend contacting us using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines