Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Adobe XD to After Effects for animation

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

it's the frist time that I work with adobe XD, I need to know if is possible to animate the elements like number, text exc..? for example move the numbers in image below? if it isn't how can i export this inside after effects?iPhone X – 3@3x.png

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018
  1. Export the XD design as SVG.
  2. Open the SVG file in Adobe Illustrator.
  3. Save as an Adobe Illustrator file (.ai)
  4. Import the Adobe Illustrator into After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Hi All,

Thanks for reaching out. I would like to update this most viewed conversation in order to provide the latest information on the workflow.

Here’s how it works:
1. In XD, select the layers or artboards you want to animate in After Effects.
2. Go to File> Export > After Effects. If After Effects is not installed on your machine, this option is greyed out. You can also use the ⌥⌘F (Mac), or Ctrl+Alt+F (Windows) keyboard shortcuts.
3. The selected layers or artboards are added as native shap

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

Sorry that you're still experiencing this issue. I would request you to share your phone number with the best time to reach in a private message so that our support team can reach you.

Please click on my profile name and there would be a message button on my profile to send a private message.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Atul

I send you a private message a few days ago.

Today I saw that there was a new XD update, I installed it with the hope the problem was solved. After installing I couldn't export in total anymore to after effects. Then I found on the forum i could search for AEXD file in  C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\Public / -> solution -> reinstalling the new XD

But still the specific problem exists with the images. in 1 week I need to deliver my project and I have nothing this far...

I hope for a solution...

Thanks in advance

kind regards

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

Thanks for trying out the steps and sharing the details. I have also received your messages, however, I couldn't fine your contact number there. Would you mind sharing it again.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

any fixes about the image export situation? Having the same troubles. 

After Effects and AdobeXD are up to date.

fabianmadco_0-1646299579823.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines