• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to PDF Rasterizing my Vector Images on Windows?

New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

So, I just finished creating my design on XD for a school project. My instructor asked us to export our XD designs to PDF so we could incorporate them into InDesign process books without losing the vector quality of text and graphics. Unfortunately, when I exported my file to PDF, all my images, shapes, and any text that wasn't basic black got rasterized. I sent my instructor my XD file and he tried exporting to PDF and did not have the same issue. The only difference is that he's using a Mac and I'm on a Windows based system. XD doesn't seem to present any options for quality when exporting to PDF, so I'm not sure what's going on here.

I've attached two screenshots - one zoomed in to show the vector images on XD, and the other zoomed in to show how they got rasterized on PDF (but not the black text, oddly?)

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Des

TOPICS
Data loss , Design , How to , Import and export , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

It looks like my XD wasn't up to date. I installed the latest update via Creative Cloud and that appears to have resolved the issue. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Des,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Will it be possible for you to share the file with us so that we can test this on our end? Also, I'd request if you can check if the Graphics card is up to date as per the manufacturer's website. To send the file, you can add the file to cloud storage and share the link here.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like my XD wasn't up to date. I installed the latest update via Creative Cloud and that appears to have resolved the issue. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear it has been resolved! Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or issues in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines