Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export @x2 error

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm trying to export PNG's as @x2. But when I do this, it makes the @x2-png 100% and the @X1 50%?

Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug?

Hope you can help.

Thomas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

The label of that selection is "designed at," not "export at." Here's an explanation of how you can think of the system:  https://medium.com/thinking-design/protip-exporting-assets-in-adobe-xd-c586996de703

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The label of that selection is "designed at," not "export at." Here's an explanation of how you can think of the system:  https://medium.com/thinking-design/protip-exporting-assets-in-adobe-xd-c586996de703

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you..I get it now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i suppose - it a little bit strange because
when I export 100x100 px artboard from xd - i get
1x 50x50 px and 2x 100x100 px

but! when i do the same thing from "share for development" i get
1x 100x100 and 2x 200x200

I really want to take 200x200 px with export from xD - but i don't know how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Way too much writing, when the essencial information could have been conveyed in 8 sentances. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,
I'm using XD on a PC. When I  try and export a selected artboard, I only get the options to export as design & web. Since these layouts were designed at 1x, I want to use the IOS option to export at a true 2x. In order for me to get the IOS & Android options to show up, I first have to 'mark selected for export', and then export to after effects. I then just close after effect and then the IOS and Android options show up as export jpg options for the selected artboard. This seems like a bug. Is there a way I can export to IOS as a jpg without having to do this weird After Effects unessential step?

2021-08-11_9-59-04.jpg2021-08-11_9-58-20.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a short explanation without going off to a full description, if you design at 2x and export the various sizes, @1 will be 50% and @2 will be 100%. Often you design at 1x, and then it all makes sense. It's only in the export that you get to state what scale you designed at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are working on Mac and you would like to export x2, use the export for Web, designed at 1x (because of the screen resolution of the retina display) and you will get two images one at x1 and the other at x2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines