Highlighted

Exported PDFs with masked images are not working

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDFs exported with masked images look broken when opened. The images seem to be enlarged and rotated within the masked space. I've noticed this is an ongoing issue and that the Mac OS preview is being blamed in previous posts. They look strange when viewed on all available viewing platforms I have (chrome, safari, mac OS preview) with the exception of Adobe Acrobat. In Acrobat, when you scroll down a multi-page PDF, these masked images are greyed out, but when you zoom out they look fine. I'm using the most up to date version of XD (24.3.22.2) in Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6. I have a 2017 iMac Retina 5k with 48gb memory and 3.4Ghz Intel Core i5 processor.

The workarounds suggested previously are unintuative to the way I work. That is, drawing a rectangle, then dragging an image from the finder into this rectangle, rather than using 'mask with shape', my preferred option. A fix would be good rather than a workaround.

TOPICS
Error, Import and export, Performance, Preview, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Exported PDFs with masked images are not working

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDFs exported with masked images look broken when opened. The images seem to be enlarged and rotated within the masked space. I've noticed this is an ongoing issue and that the Mac OS preview is being blamed in previous posts. They look strange when viewed on all available viewing platforms I have (chrome, safari, mac OS preview) with the exception of Adobe Acrobat. In Acrobat, when you scroll down a multi-page PDF, these masked images are greyed out, but when you zoom out they look fine. I'm using the most up to date version of XD (24.3.22.2) in Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6. I have a 2017 iMac Retina 5k with 48gb memory and 3.4Ghz Intel Core i5 processor.

The workarounds suggested previously are unintuative to the way I work. That is, drawing a rectangle, then dragging an image from the finder into this rectangle, rather than using 'mask with shape', my preferred option. A fix would be good rather than a workaround.

TOPICS
Error, Import and export, Performance, Preview, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 21, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a solution to a different problem in a different application. I don't know how I could 'Use a mask from opacity' in Adobe XD.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2019 0