Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported Prototype displays blank screen

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows 10, Version 1809

I'm trying to share the prototype without using Creative Cloud. 

1. I exported the prototype, under 'Share for Review'.

2. When I open the 'index' file in a browser there is only a blank white screen. 

What am I doing wrong? I can't find any instructions on Exporting a Prototype. 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to update Windows at all? I believe the current version is 1903 for Windows 10 Home.
I'm also feeling you don't have the latest version of XD which became available in the last few days.

I no longer have a share for review option, I have a Share tab and can choose between Design Review, Development, Presentation, User Testing and Custom. All of which appear to be online links, I don't believe we can Export a Prototype other than sending a link or giving someone the XD files you have on your computer.

One option you may have is to create a recording showing the actions. If you click on the Desktop Preview Play button does this also appear blank or can you test and record the prototype this way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I will try the updates and see how it goes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this should not be marked complete - enterprise users have an option to "export prototype" when their company blocks the use of sharing through cloud. however when this is completed, as AdaptiveUser noted, clicking the index.html file does nothing.

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 6.07.45 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines