• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Component States for Dev

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created different component states in my design (default and hover). However, when I share with a view setting Development, I'm not seeing the different states in that preview. 

Can XD translate component states to Devs? and can XD translate the animation used to dev?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just came here to post the same question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto. This would be very useful.  Right now I am considering using Axure because it does allow states to be exported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1
This was a sad realization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It coud be great, but I think - now - that you need a design system to share and there, you can separate the states.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We apologies for the frustration. The team is already aware of the issue and is working on it to fix the issue. We will update you all as soon as we hear back from the team.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When creating multiple different states within the component and the link is shared as a development link. The developer aren't able to view the component states in spec view. So, when you click on normal prototype view you are able to go through the flow and view the states. However, if you click on a component and go to a state and click on the spec tab to view the specs for the state, it automatically reverts you back to the default component state and the developer aren't able to view the specs for the state. Attached are the images.

Screenshot-2019-11-26-at-12.57.41.pngScreenshot-2019-11-26-at-13.08.01.pngScreenshot-2019-11-26-at-13.08.11.pngScreenshot-2019-11-26-at-12.57.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I understand, this feature isn't available yet. Please upvote this feature request https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38978644-component... to stay tuned to the latest announcments. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the fact that component states can be used in prototype mode but then can't be used by our developers to actually build the application using spec view seems more like a bug. For clarification we use click states and not hover states. Except for that we love component states 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to see that too. However, in my opinion, it is unlikely that XD will generate code that developers need to implement the Hover state in the application. But then, the product keeps evolving, and the team may surprise us one day. 

And yes, I love this feature to bits. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me However, I feel like there is still a misunderstanding of understanding the issue here. I'm not asking for a XD to generate code to implement the Hover state in the application. Like i initially mentioned we use the states as click states, rather than hover states. From the official UI kit that was uploaded by XD for states, it has components in it with different states I.e, fail/Succuss states, On-Off States, Toggle States, Calender popup states, etc.  This is definetly a bug, as the developers are unable to view the specs of different states and can only view the default state. I have attached 2 videos of what the issue is. I made a click state for search. So when clicked on search it brings down the history. However, when in spec mode you are unable to view specs for this state. Please take a look at the video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Já temos uma solução para esse problema? Por favor ajudem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines