• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extreme lags in XD offline mode

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried working in XD offline today for the first time in a few years and the experience was awful. There are extreme lags when trying to perform even the most simple tasks, such as changing fill color, not to mention trying to copy and paste or import items. Truly one of the most frustrating experiences I've had with Adobe.

However, as soon as I got back online all the lags went away.

When I first started using XD back when it first came out I was able to work offline without any lags at all. I'm wondering whether it's because of the mandatory sync to the Creative Cloud update that was made awhile ago...

Are there any work-arounds to make the offline experience more bearable?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you describe steps of any lag for reproducing it and testing? Thx 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure.

1. Completely disconnect from the internet
  2. Try to edit any local Xd file
  3. Experience severe lags when you try to perform simple tasks like changing the fill color of a shape
  4. Get frustrated and curse a bit
  5. Connect to the internet
  6. See all the lags vanish!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't reproduce your lags with disconnected internet with cloud document as well local file (the files has been created a long time ago). All works fine

What it is your OS, hardware and xd version.? Can you share (via any cloud) any project file (with lags) to test? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm also facing a similar challenge. I'm a new user though, and not sure if that's how it's supposed to be. 

My challenge: 

Whenever I'm working on a local file, installed plugins do not show. I'd have to connect back to the internet, uninstall and reinstall each plugin before it shows. When I close XD and reopen a file without internet access, the cycle repeats. 

My first experience with XD was last August (for about just a week) and now I'm back at it for four days now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines