• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request for Content override in component states

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I really don't know how XD works with component states. I also think that the component tool behaviours are changing every XD update.

I want to create a simple button :

- I create my button with a text and background behind it

- I make it a component

- I create a new state (not Hover state, new state when clicked).

- In this new state, I change the background and texte color, i DO NOT touch the text layer

Then, when I change the text on my Default State, it changes on my second state <- that's the way I want it, it's normal. 

But, when I duplicate this component, in order to have a new button that comes from that main component, I change the text on the defaut state, but the text on the second state is the same as the text in the second state of my main component.

Wtf.

The only way I can have my button with the same content on the 2 states (like every button) is to write the main text on EVERY state of each button. I just want to change it on my main state for every duplication, and want the other states content to be updated. I guess that's the way this should work, but i doesn't. I remember this worked in older XD versions, but somes updates seems to get rid of it.

Am i using it wrong ? 

Thanks !

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Design , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. As of now, it's working as expected, however, we have received a similar request on our Adobe XD UserVoice page and I'd request you to please share your comments and upvote this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38973007-allow-component-instance-overrides-to-be-inherited

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. As of now, it's working as expected, however, we have received a similar request on our Adobe XD UserVoice page and I'd request you to please share your comments and upvote this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38973007-allow-com...

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines