Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request for interactive PDF export

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

is it possible to export my prototype as pdf with it's functions?

Best regards

Timo

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Hi Nitro Design,

We completely understand your concern and requirements for this feature. I have checked the status of this feature: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/14403852-export-interactive-pdf-with-clickable-pageto-lin has changed to Feature Under Review which means team has already started looking into this feature.

We would request you to please stay tuned to the uservoice for updates.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Timop,

Thanks for using Adobe XD and sharing your feedback. I have found a similar feature to preserve interactivity requested here:- Export interactive PDF with clickable "PageTo" links – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs. Please upvote this feature and share your comments.

Kindly let us know in case you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked at Publishing a prototype? They let you share working prototype, support comments, and work very well. What is it about PDF that makes you want to use it instead?

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

I go back to this topic.

I have clients that want to see the design in a file, like a PDF that can be sent internally. Not published outside. So is there a way to export a desing in PDF with interaction? Meaninng that "tap" actions go the the corresponding page, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Security security security.

Not every client can have a prototype in an insecure environment. That is the exact reason I am here.
It's kind of ridiculous to me that Adobe, the company that owns Acrobat, doesn't include exporting to interactive PDF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We have already highlighted this to our Engineering team and the feature is under review, you will surely see an improvement in future releases. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make it happen! This is litterally the only thing that keeps me from transitioning a lot of projects to XD. Interactive PDF with active page links or/and EPUBs would be a big step forward for XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nitro Design,

We completely understand your concern and requirements for this feature. I have checked the status of this feature: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/14403852-export-in... has changed to Feature Under Review which means team has already started looking into this feature.

We would request you to please stay tuned to the uservoice for updates.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

o4xgftiomvr11.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this common-sense feature has been in "under review" since at least May 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously?  This feature is still under review?  

This boggles the mind - more so, as one contributor highlighted, Adobe own Acrobat yet could not have the foresight to include this feature for PDF exports, while all other prototype/wireframe software does have this feature.  Surely Adobe would have known the need for this as well as the annoyance it causes by omitting this feature.  

Has there been any word as to when the status goes from "Under Review" to implementation?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well last positive feedback adobe made was in august 2020. Haven't heard or seen anything since then. Which is definitely a disappointment for the same reasons you give. 

Would have thought a giant like Adobe would move faster on such a feature, but seems like they are taunting us. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is clearly trying to keep users within the cloud ecosphere. This simply does not work for many clients, or at least the ones that need secure assets. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully you folks went to the link they provided and voted. Unfortunately, they probably can't spend the personpower to implement this if there is not widespread approval. (my guess) — otherwise it seems like a logical step. Where I work it is definitely a security issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. I understand your concern so let me assure you, I'll share your feedback with the Engineering team. Please stay tuned to the request for any updates.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again.... why is this even a feature request.. this should be one of the first things for adobe to implement. I mean... dont you own PDF. Its as absurd as the need to use a paid 3rd party plugin to send vectors from AI into AE. Or having the same bugs when scaling or scrolling past keyframes in Premiere Pro for what feels like 10 years. Your company got way to big for its own good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE!!! Have it so that when you export XD as a pdf that it maintains the links. It still LOSES all the links when you open it as a PDF.
Am I missing something? Please let me know asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also looking for this feature to be added. Really disappointed in Adobe for letting everyone wait on this very simple feature since at least 2016. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines