• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature request for linked assets from Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon. I don't have an issue or problem, but more of a "does this feature exist" inquiry.  Let's say I started a project in XD, imported some PSDs from Photoshop, and set up a functional prototype. But then I needed to change some things in multiple PSDs, so I go back into the PSD source files in Photoshop and make those changes, instead of clicking the "Edit in Photoshop" option in XD (since that option only allows the editing of one asset at a time). Is there a way to import the PSDs back into XD so that those updates take place, AND so that it also keeps all my prototyping (the wire interaction lines that connect the pages)? I'd rather not have to reimport all the updated PSDs AND reconnect all the prototype links too. Thanks for your help.

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I am afraid, as of now, this feature is not available. I'd request you to please upvote this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12869109-linked-objects-images

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Are you saying you open an editable PSD in XD (so it converts the layout), wire it up and then go back to Photoshop to change the layout? That's not really what XD is for, or the recommended workflow. After the layout is converted into XD, you should continue working in XD and not go back to Photoshop for layout changes. Only use Photoshop for editing images, which you can do by right-clicking and choose Edit in Photoshop (one image at a time).

If you didn't choose Edit in Photoshop, you can a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I am afraid, as of now, this feature is not available. I'd request you to please upvote this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12869109-linked-ob...

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, will do.  Thanks a lot for the reponse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying you open an editable PSD in XD (so it converts the layout), wire it up and then go back to Photoshop to change the layout? That's not really what XD is for, or the recommended workflow. After the layout is converted into XD, you should continue working in XD and not go back to Photoshop for layout changes. Only use Photoshop for editing images, which you can do by right-clicking and choose Edit in Photoshop (one image at a time).

If you didn't choose Edit in Photoshop, you can also right-click an image and choose Replace Image and choose a different image (or a newer version).

One you get used to using XD to create layouts, you should use Photoshop less and less for layouts, and only use it for image editing. XD offers many features you won't find in PS such as compenents, which can't round trip back and forth between the apps.

If I misunderstood your question, feel free to correct me so I can better understand what you're trying to do.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, you understood perfectly; that's the answer I was looking for.  I just wasn't sure if I was missing the option, or doing it incorrectly.  Thanks for the recommendation also.  I plan to start using Photoshop less and less so that I don't have as much back and forth between apps.  Much-appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines