• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Feature Request] Force Touch Trackpad support for XD (like Apple Pages)

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's really nice in pages and Mac, is the pressure senstive trackpad.

In pages, you can press deeper (force click) than a standard click:

- on a group, to quickly open the group and automatically select the object in the group. (or in other words, skip the double-double-click to get into the group to select the item in the group)

- on an image, to instantly crop it

It would be great if this was implemented into Adobe XD as I find myself clicking about 7 times to edit something within a group.

Another nice touch that would be nice to have is trackpad haptics. When objects snap in pages, (and in Premiere Pro too), the trackpad produces a soft click, as if you can feel it snap. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback. I have found a similar request which has been raised here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12930618-gestures-swipe-pinch-zoom-force-touch

We would request you to please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are some good ideas, but the proper place to make feature requests is https://adobexd.uservoice.com There you can search to see if a feature has been requested (if so, please upvote it), and if not you can create a new feature request. Then others can upvote to add their voice and you'll get status updates as Adobe reviews feature requests.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for letting me know! Will re-post there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the feedback. I'd request you to share the feature request link here as well so that other community members looking for a similar feature can upvote the request and add voice to it.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback. I have found a similar request which has been raised here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12930618-gestures-...

We would request you to please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got to this page becasue I Googled why Apple force-touch Look Up (contextual dictionary/thesaurus) doesn't work in XD. (It opens and dismisses immediately. Could it be related to XD not supporting other native OSX inputs such as custom Shortcut keys, or Character Viewer for typing glyphs and emojis?)

But I need to point out that the link in the "Correct Answer" here points to a feature request for swipe-gesture support in Prototypes. However, Yuukio was asking for advanced gesture support for the designer — in Design mode — not gesture support for the prototype.

Meanwhile, yuuiko stated they wanted to "get into the group to select the item in the group". You can do this by command-clicking an element within a group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines