Highlighted

Feature request to add State Changes from Global Variables.

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm suggesting having a global variable which help (at times) create simpler prototypes. 

The main function of a global variable is to have consistency across several flows. This means that a setting defined at the beginning will be consistent across an entire flow. This avoids creating duplicate flows to represent meaningful user changes which the user has maintained perceive as changed throughout their experience.

For example, I've selected a day of the week in an event creation flow, yet I can change that day of the week at any moment through the entire flow.

Another way of doing this may be by having several tap actions on components, which would change other component states found in other screens. Or have variable change cause state changes.

Protopie and Axure have a global variable functionality if you're interested in references. (They're really not as interesting as Adobe XD)

{Renamed By MOD}

Topics

Design, Missing feature, Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Feature request to add State Changes from Global Variables.

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm suggesting having a global variable which help (at times) create simpler prototypes. 

The main function of a global variable is to have consistency across several flows. This means that a setting defined at the beginning will be consistent across an entire flow. This avoids creating duplicate flows to represent meaningful user changes which the user has maintained perceive as changed throughout their experience.

For example, I've selected a day of the week in an event creation flow, yet I can change that day of the week at any moment through the entire flow.

Another way of doing this may be by having several tap actions on components, which would change other component states found in other screens. Or have variable change cause state changes.

Protopie and Axure have a global variable functionality if you're interested in references. (They're really not as interesting as Adobe XD)

{Renamed By MOD}

Topics

Design, Missing feature, Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. It does sound like a great feature request. I found a request on our Adobe XD UserVoice page, please share your comments or upvote the request if you think that explains your concern: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/34812409-design-pr...

If this doesn't explain your concern you can also post a new request here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it's worth taking a look at the Google Sheets plugin, which lets you use text fragments from a worksheet dynamically.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines