Highlighted

Features wanted: Delete unused components / Navigator

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have been using XD for about a year now for UX prototypes and though I'm not sure this is where ideas for the program are being pitched I felt like leaving these two in here as they will be read anyway.

I'd like to see the folliowing in future XD releases:

* Delete unused components — If any given component registers no instances used on canvas, have the option to delete it and thus reduce asset clutter.

* Navigator — This is a big one for me. I tend to work with dozens of artboards per document and all that scrolling eventually gets tiresome. I envision something akin to navigators found in Photoshop / Illustrator.

* Prototype View: Better destination handling — Again when you have dozens of artboards per document trying to find the one you want to point to in that tiny select box is really trying, even if you're careful with naming. There's huge room for improvement here. An acceptable alternative to this would be the ability to link separate XD files together with the ability to share assets across them. so as not to need to build a single humongous file with dozens of artboards.

—Alberto

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Features wanted: Delete unused components / Navigator

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have been using XD for about a year now for UX prototypes and though I'm not sure this is where ideas for the program are being pitched I felt like leaving these two in here as they will be read anyway.

I'd like to see the folliowing in future XD releases:

* Delete unused components — If any given component registers no instances used on canvas, have the option to delete it and thus reduce asset clutter.

* Navigator — This is a big one for me. I tend to work with dozens of artboards per document and all that scrolling eventually gets tiresome. I envision something akin to navigators found in Photoshop / Illustrator.

* Prototype View: Better destination handling — Again when you have dozens of artboards per document trying to find the one you want to point to in that tiny select box is really trying, even if you're careful with naming. There's huge room for improvement here. An acceptable alternative to this would be the ability to link separate XD files together with the ability to share assets across them. so as not to need to build a single humongous file with dozens of artboards.

—Alberto

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alberto,

Thank you for reaching out. I would suggest submitting your feedback here Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs on Adobe XD UserVoice page. This is the best way of communicating with our Engineering and Product Management team regarding issues and suggestions, so they can be implemented in our future releases.

Please let us know if you need more assistance on this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines